From: Lilbug on

I have a toshiba satellite a100. When I turn it on it goes to a blue
screen that say "a problem has been detected and windows has been shut
down to prevent damage to your computer.
If this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen, restart
your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:
disable or uninstall any anti-virus, disk fragmentation or backup
utilities. Check your hard drive configuration, and check for any
updated drivers. Run chkdsk /f to check for hard drive corruption, and
then restart you computer.
Technical information:
***stop: 0x00000024 (0x00190203, 0x8a5d0b00, 0xc0000102, 0x00000000)

can someone help me? I don't know how to fix this. If you can email me
at lilbug_(a)hotmail.com

--
Lilbug
Lilbug's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/218055.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

From: John Wunderlich on
[posted and mailed]

Lilbug <Lilbug.4ao8tb(a)DoNotSpam.com> wrote in

> I have a toshiba satellite a100. When I turn it on it goes to a
> blue screen that say "a problem has been detected and windows has
> been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.
> If this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen,
> restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these
> steps: disable or uninstall any anti-virus, disk fragmentation or
> backup utilities. Check your hard drive configuration, and check
> for any updated drivers. Run chkdsk /f to check for hard drive
> corruption, and then restart you computer.
> Technical information:
> ***stop: 0x00000024 (0x00190203, 0x8a5d0b00, 0xc0000102,
> 0x00000000)
>
> can someone help me? I don't know how to fix this. If you can
> email me at lilbug_(a)hotmail.com

See if your computer will boot to safe mode (press F8 while your
computer is starting up).

If it does, try doing a system restore to a time before this problem
occurred:
Start->programs->accessories->System Tools->System Restore.

HTH,
John

From: philo on
On 05/08/2010 08:33 PM, Lilbug wrote:
> I have a toshiba satellite a100. When I turn it on it goes to a blue
> screen that say "a problem has been detected and windows has been shut
> down to prevent damage to your computer.
> If this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen, restart
> your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:
> disable or uninstall any anti-virus, disk fragmentation or backup
> utilities. Check your hard drive configuration, and check for any
> updated drivers. Run chkdsk /f to check for hard drive corruption, and
> then restart you computer.
> Technical information:
> ***stop: 0x00000024 (0x00190203, 0x8a5d0b00, 0xc0000102, 0x00000000)
>
> can someone help me? I don't know how to fix this. If you can email me
> at lilbug_(a)hotmail.com

Before you do anything else

run a RAM test
From: Richard in AZ on

"philo" <philo(a)privacy.net> wrote in message news:Gr6dnfYgmaUG_3vWnZ2dnUVZ_vWdnZ2d(a)ntd.net...
> On 05/08/2010 08:33 PM, Lilbug wrote:
>> I have a toshiba satellite a100. When I turn it on it goes to a blue
>> screen that say "a problem has been detected and windows has been shut
>> down to prevent damage to your computer.
>> If this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen, restart
>> your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:
>> disable or uninstall any anti-virus, disk fragmentation or backup
>> utilities. Check your hard drive configuration, and check for any
>> updated drivers. Run chkdsk /f to check for hard drive corruption, and
>> then restart you computer.
>> Technical information:
>> ***stop: 0x00000024 (0x00190203, 0x8a5d0b00, 0xc0000102, 0x00000000)
>>
>> can someone help me? I don't know how to fix this. If you can email me
>> at lilbug_(a)hotmail.com
>>

> Before you do anything else
>
> run a RAM test

Maybe you should tell her how to run a RAM test when she can't figure out how to get the PC working?

From: philo on
On 05/09/2010 09:37 AM, Richard in AZ wrote:
> "philo"<philo(a)privacy.net> wrote in message news:Gr6dnfYgmaUG_3vWnZ2dnUVZ_vWdnZ2d(a)ntd.net...
>> On 05/08/2010 08:33 PM, Lilbug wrote:
>>> I have a toshiba satellite a100. When I turn it on it goes to a blue
>>> screen that say "a problem has been detected and windows has been shut
>>> down to prevent damage to your computer.
>>> If this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen, restart
>>> your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:
>>> disable or uninstall any anti-virus, disk fragmentation or backup
>>> utilities. Check your hard drive configuration, and check for any
>>> updated drivers. Run chkdsk /f to check for hard drive corruption, and
>>> then restart you computer.
>>> Technical information:
>>> ***stop: 0x00000024 (0x00190203, 0x8a5d0b00, 0xc0000102, 0x00000000)
>>>
>>> can someone help me? I don't know how to fix this. If you can email me
>>> at lilbug_(a)hotmail.com
>>>

>> Before you do anything else
>>
>> run a RAM test
>
> Maybe you should tell her how to run a RAM test when she can't figure out how to get the PC working?

maybe I should