From: Marcus on
Hi,

We have 200 user in our company and want to implement any helpdesk SW to
reduce impact on currently procedure and people's. Actually, we're using
simply e-mail address for raising helpdesk incidents without any
documentation, escalation procedures, priority, .... etc

I found on the Internet few interesting products: System Center Service
Manager, Splunk, Sysaid, Kayako, .... Can you suggest what to test first,
where to find useful documentation to implement it, what is most important
things during implementation, ....

I know that is not related to this newsgroup, sorry for offtopic.

Thnx!

From: JohnB on
We started using SysAid a few months ago. This is a small company so, there
wasn't much "in the budget" for Help Desk software. SysAid has a free
version that really does all that you need. And, they offer free technical
support for your installation, for the first 6 months. It's totally web
based. Users have their own web portal to submit and view tickets. The
admin has a portal for managing tickets. It also collects hardware and
software inventory. Has a Self-Help section in their portal, that you
populate with tips, etc. The user's can submit a ticket from their portal,
and an email is sent to the admin. I get them on my Blackberry. You can
then leave notes in the case, or email them from the case, and they receive
any updates via email. Their are SLA's, if you need them. The asset
management module lets you view all PC and server hardware components from
the admin portal, which is handy.
Pretty cool for something that's totally free!!

From: Marcus on
Thnx!