From: Me on
Anyone know how I can send true hex bytes out com1 using MFC MSComm???
Please post examples.

From: Scott McPhillips [MVP] on
Me wrote:

> Anyone know how I can send true hex bytes out com1 using MFC MSComm???
> Please post examples.

Does the VCTERM example in the VC help meet your need?

BTW, it is not at all clear what you mean by true hex bytes.

--
Scott McPhillips [VC++ MVP]

From: Me on
I need to be able to send 0x00 (full hex range of 0x00-0xff) out port also.

From: Me on
I checked on VTerm and found it is for text output only.
I need a serial component for Visual C++ to transmit and receive hex bytes
0x00 thru 0xff.

From: Frank Hickman [MVP] on
"Me" <me(a)right.her> wrote in message news:DzeQd.21963$ya6.13484(a)trndny01...
>I checked on VTerm and found it is for text output only.
> I need a serial component for Visual C++ to transmit and receive hex bytes
> 0x00 thru 0xff.

You should be able to modify VCTerm to use hardware flow control as some of
the bytes could be interpreted as flow control bytes. The serial port must
also be setup to use hardware flow control.

--
Frank Hickman