From: mayayana on
> > Do you realize the whole purpose of using .Nxt is
>> to avoid the proper
> > spelling that triggers the search engines to
>> spit out this group? If you
> > were aware of that, why would you include the
>> proper spelling in your
> > reply???
> >
> No, I did not and I'm now throughly confused!

I don't really get that either. I can see the logic,
but I figure that people who've been confused by
Microsoft's marketing, thinking that VB.Net is VB,
are not going to get the straight dope in the .Net
group, so they may as well go to the VB group,
ask *one* question, and leave with an understanding
of the landscape.

.....Of course that still leaves the question of
what the heck Cor has been blathering about for
the past 3 days. My guess is that there's some
sort of spring equinox holiday in the Netherlands
this week - perhaps a week-long bacchanalia where
everyone tries to drink too much. :)

From: C. Kevin Provance on

"Larry Serflaten" <serflaten(a)usinternet.com> wrote in message news:e8xIxqryKHA.3884(a)TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
:
: "AR88 Enthusiast" <nospam(a)here.com> wrote
: > > http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx
: > >
: > Oh, I thought .Nxt was Microsoft abandoning again all the programmers who
: > were trying to learn .Net and starting yet another incompatible new
: > language!
:
: Do you realize the whole purpose of using .Nxt is to avoid the proper
: spelling that triggers the search engines to spit out this group? If you
: were aware of that, why would you include the proper spelling in your
: reply???

Because drive by posters who don't have the balls to use their real name, and think it's cool to come up with some lame handle are usually not the brightest bulbs in the box.
From: Martin H. on
> I don't really get that either. I can see the logic,
> but I figure that people who've been confused by
> Microsoft's marketing, thinking that VB.Net is VB, ...

Microsoft just follows the Rule of Acquisition 239:
Never be afraid to mislabel a product.
(http://memory-alpha.org/en/wiki/Rules_of_Acquisition)

From: Cor Ligthert[MVP] on

"Martin H." > Microsoft just follows the Rule of Acquisition 239:
> Never be afraid to mislabel a product.

Can you explain to me why you wrote this, the product that was brought on
the marked had the name Visual Basic .Net

For the same they could named it Visual Basic 7 or Visual Basic 2002.

So what name they should have given to it in your idea?

Be aware that the brand name "Visual Basic" is a property of Microsoft, not
from you or from the ones who think they own it.

From: mayayana on

> Microsoft just follows the Rule of Acquisition 239:
> > Never be afraid to mislabel a product.
> >
> Can you explain to me why you wrote this, the product that was brought on
> the marked had the name Visual Basic .Net
>
> For the same they could named it Visual Basic 7 or Visual Basic 2002.
>
> So what name they should have given to it in your idea?

> Be aware that the brand name "Visual Basic" is
> a property of Microsoft, not
> from you or from the ones who think they own it.

So your point is that the Microsofties have
a legal right to be greedy and deceptive?
I don't think anyone disagrees with that.