From: Dorian on
Have your custon 'add button' set the alloweditions to true when it is
clicked and then set it to false once it has finished doing the add.
-- Dorian
eat for a lifetime".

From: Dee on
I forgot to mention that I still want to see the other navigation buttons so
I dont want to set the navigation property format to no.

From: Dee on
Dorian,

Thanks for your reply but the add record button on the navigation bar is
still enabled when entering the form. I tried turning allow editions to no,
but then again, my custom button does not work. If I set it to no, and try
adding the alloweditions to true etc as you suggested below then I can not
add any records using my custom button - it just flickers. Any ideas?