From: Henry Stock on
I just created several user IDs specifically to run certain Windows
services as recommended in certain Windows setup programs like SQL
Server 2008.

But I am not interested in seeing these IDs at login time. I know there
is a way to make service accounts invisible to login, but I can remember
where that control resides, whether it is in local security policy or in
the registry or whatever....

Could somebody refresh my memory on this matter?

From: John John - MVP on
NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\SpecialAccounts\UserList

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows/remove-user-accounts-from-the-login-screen-in-windows-xp/
Remove User Accounts from the Login Screen in Windows XP

John

From: Henry Stock on
I think that I have just answered my own question....
I found this article on hiding user IDs at login.

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows/remove-user-accounts-from-the-login-screen-in-windows-xp/

It is a registry entry.