From: Napoleon Vang Napoleon on
Is there a way to program an expression close to... If cell in column E
equals string of text "Pending", select entire row and change background
color/patern to yellow?
From: Mike H on
Hi,

Conditional formatting. Select the row(s) to which this applies then

Format|Conditional format - Select 'Formula is' from the dropdown and enter
the formula

=$E2="Pending"

Click Format and on the 'Pattern' tab and choose yellow. OK

Note that you should change the 2 to the top row of your selection
--
Mike

question.

From: Don Guillett on
Sub colorif()
Dim c As Range
For Each c In Range("e1:e21")
If c = "pending" Then c.EntireRow.Interior.ColorIndex = 6
Next c
End Sub
--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

From: Napoleon Vang on
Helps a great ton!
Though, is there a way to add, at the end of that also
"else, make the row in question the default style"?

I find that after deleting the word "Pending" it remains yellow

From: Mike H on
> I find that after deleting the word "Pending" it remains yellow

I'm more than a little surprised it does that. Try tapping F9, does the
yellow clear?

If it does then calculation is probably set to manual

Tools|Options|Calculation tab and select Automatic
--
Mike

question.