From: vinu on
Hi,

This is what I would like to achieve,

There will be sheet full of address details and in that I want to
highlight the cells with some colour if the particular list(i.e.list
of 10 particular area names like Area1,Area2....Area10) of area names
present along with the door # and Street name.

The challenge is that the area names will be mixed with street name
ect., in the same cell.

I can guess that this is possible with macro but my knowledge in that
is ZERO..

Pls help on this...
From: Pete_UK on
Can you give us some examples of what your data looks like, and
details of what columns you use etc.

Pete

From: vinu on
Hi,

Actually the work book will have a shift wise rostered to be given to
the transport providers.

separate sheets were maintained for every shifts(28sheets) and there
will be details of the resource and his/her address ect.,

The address details will mostly end up in C column. In address column
the area details will be there (in below e.g. I typed the area in caps
just to differentiate it from other words). Out of 100 areas(approx)
there is 10-15 Areas that I want the end user to notice right away as
it has to be given some spl attention.

A B C
1 Gender NAME ADDRESS
2 M Johnson Rajendran 1P Station view Apartments No.30 Railway Border
Road,KODAMBAKKAM
3 F Jeyalakshmi Ramachandran 16/2 sreenath flats postal colony 2nd
street WEST MAMBALAM

Hope I'm bit clear this time...

Regards,

Vinu...