From: J. Casas J. on
I have many Milestones that are very important in my Project, how can I
highligt these Milestones over all the project? When I used to make Grantt
charts in Excel I used to put a vertical line over all the projet but with
Project 2003 if you use a line the line moves from the original position. Is
there a way to highligt a Miliestone?

Thank you
From: John on
In article <7F025E7D-568D-4ADC-8275-3AA272040F09(a)microsoft.com>,
J. Casas <J. Casas(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> I have many Milestones that are very important in my Project, how can I
> highligt these Milestones over all the project? When I used to make Grantt
> charts in Excel I used to put a vertical line over all the projet but with
> Project 2003 if you use a line the line moves from the original position. Is
> there a way to highligt a Miliestone?
>
> Thank you

J. Casas,
Even though its principle purpose is for spreadsheeting, Excel has
considerably more graphical flexibility than Project.

I don't quite understand your "vertical line" description but the best
way to highlight milestones in the Gantt area of Project is to customize
the Gantt bar display so they show up more prominently than other Gantt
bars. Go to Format/Bar Styles and set up whatever attributes you want
for milestones.

Hope this helps.

John
Project MVP
From: JulieS on
Hello J Casas,

In addition to both John and Rod's sage advice, you might find
the Milestones filter to be very useful.

See Project > Filtered for. Select the Milestones filter and
click the "Highlight" button to temporarily change the font color
of all milestones.

I hope this helps. Let us know how you get along.

Julie
Project MVP

Visit http://project.mvps.org/ for the FAQs and additional
information about Microsoft Project

From: John on
In article <O086Cbh9KHA.3276(a)TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl>,
JulieS <JulieS(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> Hello J Casas,
>
> In addition to both John and Rod's sage advice, you might find
> the Milestones filter to be very useful.
>
> See Project > Filtered for. Select the Milestones filter and
> click the "Highlight" button to temporarily change the font color
> of all milestones.
>
> I hope this helps. Let us know how you get along.
>
> Julie
> Project MVP

Julie,
Oh sure, come along and trump us both by suggesting the best and easiest
approach ;-)

John

From: Mike Glen on

Mike
"John" <mjensen(a)theriver.com> wrote in message news:mjensen-1C54FC.08060518052010(a)msnews.microsoft.com...
In article <O086Cbh9KHA.3276(a)TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl>,
JulieS <JulieS(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> Hello J Casas,
>
> In addition to both John and Rod's sage advice, you might find
> the Milestones filter to be very useful.
>
> See Project > Filtered for. Select the Milestones filter and
> click the "Highlight" button to temporarily change the font color
> of all milestones.
>
> I hope this helps. Let us know how you get along.
>
> Julie
> Project MVP

Julie,
Oh sure, come along and trump us both by suggesting the best and easiest
approach ;-)

John

> Visit http://project.mvps.org/ for the FAQs and additional
> information about Microsoft Project
>
> On 5/17/2010 4:01 PM, John wrote:
> > In article<7F025E7D-568D-4ADC-8275-3AA272040F09(a)microsoft.com>,
> > J. Casas<J. Casas(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> >
> >> I have many Milestones that are very important in my Project, how can I
> >> highligt these Milestones over all the project? When I used to make Grantt
> >> charts in Excel I used to put a vertical line over all the projet but with
> >> Project 2003 if you use a line the line moves from the original position.
> >> Is
> >> there a way to highligt a Miliestone?
> >>
> >> Thank you
> >
> > J. Casas,
> > Even though its principle purpose is for spreadsheeting, Excel has
> > considerably more graphical flexibility than Project.
> >
> > I don't quite understand your "vertical line" description but the best
> > way to highlight milestones in the Gantt area of Project is to customize
> > the Gantt bar display so they show up more prominently than other Gantt
> > bars. Go to Format/Bar Styles and set up whatever attributes you want
> > for milestones.
> >
> > Hope this helps.
> >
> > John
> > Project MVP