From: larwe on
On May 27, 7:32 pm, Cesar Rabak <csra...(a)bol.com.br> wrote:

> Which I understand the NG will not fulfill the requirement fo being a
> Canada local candidate, right :-P

Too much philosophy for me to deal with sober, but I would point out
that the NG is either everywhere or nowhere, and a pantheist would say
"everywhere".
From: larwe on
On May 27, 2:43 pm, Grant Edwards <inva...(a)invalid.invalid> wrote:

>   Task  Deskcription                            Assignee  Duration
>   ----  --------------------------------------  --------  -------------
>    1    Choose processor                        c.a.e     20-30 years
>    2    Choose lanugage and compiler            c.a.e     infinity

Nah, you are not paying sufficient homage to the gods of parallel
working. Within 20-30µs, everyone in c.a.e will have formed a firm,
entrenched and utterly unassailable opinion as to questions 1 and 2.
Properly funded, this will result in step 3: Begin 4,733,196 parallel
projects with different toolchains/processors/design approaches.
*THAT* is where the infinite part of the timeline begins.
From: Tim Wescott on
On 05/27/2010 05:09 PM, larwe wrote:
> On May 27, 2:43 pm, Grant Edwards<inva...(a)invalid.invalid> wrote:
>
>> Task Deskcription Assignee Duration
>> ---- -------------------------------------- -------- -------------
>> 1 Choose processor c.a.e 20-30 years
>> 2 Choose lanugage and compiler c.a.e infinity
>
> Nah, you are not paying sufficient homage to the gods of parallel
> working. Within 20-30�s, everyone in c.a.e will have formed a firm,
> entrenched and utterly unassailable opinion as to questions 1 and 2.
> Properly funded, this will result in step 3: Begin 4,733,196 parallel
> projects with different toolchains/processors/design approaches.
> *THAT* is where the infinite part of the timeline begins.

Sort of like quantum computing, where every possible algorithmic path is
taken until the thing coalesces at an answer -- except I'm not sure we'd
manage that last step.

--
Tim Wescott
www.wescottdesign.com