From: Anna Wood on
I do know "regular expressions", it is still a pain and you are
missing the point. :-)

With a software package as expensive as SolidWorks, an average user
shouldn't need to have to hack the calloutformat.txt file (if they can
even find the file) to make their hole callouts conform to their
company standard. A nice GUI interface to take the geekiness away
from that task would be nice and very much appreciated by this geek.

Regards,

Anna Wood

From: TOP on
If it is just a text file, why wouldn't users do that?

TOP

From: Bruce Bretschneider on
@leX wrote:
> On 28 ���, 22:11, Anna Wood <m...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>>Markku,
>>
>>Yes, they should create a nice GUI for updating the calloutformat.txt
>>file. It is very cryptic and can be a pain to make sure you have
>>updated every option.
>>
>>We all need to put an enhancement request into SolidWorks for that.
>>
>>Regards,
>>
>>Anna Wood
>

> You just shold lern Regular expression http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Regular_expression

Huh?? I agree wholeheartedly with Anna's comment. "shold lern" doesn't
translate in yours however. Is that some "regular_expression"?
From: JLCAD on
I have updated the calloutformat.txt file many times, but I am trying
to edit a hole wizard feature by adding a dimension with a specific
name and have the calloutformat.txt file identify that specific named
dimension. All of the dimensions in a hole wizard have names, so why
couldn't you just add dimensions using the same format? There must be
code that only pulls certain dimension names from each hole wizard
feature. The feature that I am trying to create and have a hole
callout for is a relief counterbore with thru hole... the counterbore
diameter is larger than the thru hole diameter.
I like the idea of the GUI and I would add it to the hole wizard
feature where you could have more control over the legacy holes and
give the legacy holes a callout format.