From: pawar.dipali on
Message Queue of an application can be hooked using SetWindowsHookEx
function.
I want to develop an key logger detection software.
Not a key logger monitor tool.

Many links speak of accessing the Hook Chain using TEB-
>Win32ThreadInfo.
The TEB is wel documented but I am unable to get Win32ThreadInfo
structure.

From: Anton Bassov on
> Message Queue of an application can be hooked using SetWindowsHookEx
> function.
> I want to develop an key logger detection software.
> Not a key logger monitor tool.

> Many links speak of accessing the Hook Chain using TEB-
> >Win32ThreadInfo.

Pointless idea......

The only thing that you can do this way is to detect hooks that are invoked
in context of the target thread . However, besides this, there are also
low-level hooks
that are invoked in context of a thread that has installed them. You are not
going to see them. In addition to that, keyloggers may operate in the kernel
mode as well...
To summarize, there is a very good chance that keykogger(s) will be
invisible to a "detector" that takes so simplistic approach.....

Any reliable keylogger detector requires much more serious approach. I wrote
the one for CSD, but it does quite a few "dirty" tricks (basically, it
simulates a keystroke at the hardware level, and traces its processing all
the way to the destination window, thus detecting anyone who is somehow
related to keystroke processing in both kernel and user modes).....

Anton Bassov