From: Elvis on
1. I'm running MOSS 2007 on top of Server 2008 with IIS 7. when I extend my
web apps the creation of the Web Apps creates my AAM but not my host headers.
when I go into IIS 7 I cannot edit the host headers with the GUI. I have to
create a script and handjam the bindings with the host header entries. Is
there something that I should be looking for that is causing the host headers
not to appear in IIS.

What I want to achieve is to have the host headers appear in IIS with the
respective extended Web Apps.

2. Another problem that I am having is that for IP address and TCP port
combo I can only have 1 IIS cert. It doesn't matter how host headers that I
have. What happens is when I add as SSL cert to a socket that already has a
host header associate with it, IIS will stop the previous Web App. Is there
something that is configured wrong that I am missing?
From: Wahid Saleemi on
On Oct 2, 7:25 pm, Elvis <El...(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> 1. I'm running MOSS 2007 on top of Server 2008 with IIS 7. when I extend my
> web apps the creation of the Web Apps creates my AAM but not my host headers.
> when I go into IIS 7 I cannot edit the host headers with the GUI. I have to
> create a script and handjam the bindings with the host header entries. Is
> there something that I should be looking for that is causing the host headers
> not to appear in IIS.
>
> What I want to achieve is to have the host headers appear in IIS with the
> respective extended Web Apps.
>
> 2. Another problem that I am having is that for IP address and TCP port
> combo I can only have 1 IIS cert. It doesn't matter how host headers that I
> have. What happens is when I add as SSL cert to a socket that already has a
> host header associate with it, IIS will stop the previous Web App. Is there
> something that is configured wrong that I am missing?

I don't know about your first problem but I'm building a VM with
Win2k8/IIS 7 today, we'll see how it goes. For the SSL cert though,
you can't use host headers. Since the connection gets encrypted the
host headers are never read. The workarounds are to use different
ports or to buy a wildcard certificate (so *.domain.com instead of of
sharepoint.domain.com).
From: Art on
Please explain step by step how to implement this MOSS.
We have the wildcard cert but have not been able to extend the main port 80
site to use it. This is a farm so what other detials are needed there?

Thanks,
Art