From: SRT on
I am using MSN Messenger 7.5.
I log on ok and keep getting sporadic connections with my hotmail account.
Presently its not working and I get recycled and end up with a sign in again
which does not work! It just says there's a problem with the site or
somesuch. It loads msn today but just wont run hotmail!!
I am also running IE7. Any ideas as to what's wrong? tia.
Stuart.

From: Jonathan Kay [MVP] on
Greetings,

The standard "page cannot be displayed" or something else?

Regardless, a simple clearing of your cookies within Internet Explorer may be helpful. To do
so, click the Tools button in IE, then Internet Options, then Delete button and choose Delete
cookies.

--
Jonathan Kay
Microsoft MVP - Windows Live Messenger/MSN Messenger/Windows Messenger

From: SRT on
Hi Jonathan,
Thanks for the reply. I tried deleting all cookies but still get no further
with hotmail.
Heres the info it puts up:
"Sign in to HotmailHelp

Windows Live ID is unavailable from this site for one of the following
reasons:

This site may be experiencing a problem.
The site may not be a member of Windows Live ID.

You can:
You can sign in or sign up at other Windows Live ID sites and services, or
try again later at this site.

Windows Live ID
Works with Windows Live, MSN, and Microsoft Passport sites
Account Services | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use
�2006 Microsoft"

From: SRT on
I just tried again and its connected this time!!
Weird stuff :)

From: Jonathan Kay [MVP] on
Hi,

What you just described in your last message was a typical broken Windows Live ID cookie
problem. When you saw it again it probably was still using the cached copy.

In Hotmail's latest update they must've broken something as you're not the only person lately
to see this.