From: Carlnlola via AccessMonster.com on
I have a form that displays names and contact information. It is based off a
master table (called CONTACTS). It uses a combo box to look up and display
the contact ifo for whoever I select from the list.

In order to simplify any search process, I also have simple forms that
consists of a list box. Each form is specific to a particular region within
the state (based on queries). What I want to do from any of these forms is
double-click on a name in the list and have the original form (described
above) load and display the record for that name.

Any suggestions will be great.

-Regards, Carl (if there's any level below NOVICE, I'm it)

From: Amy E. Baggott on
Easiest way is to set the On Double-Click event to

DoCmd.OpenForm (formname, , , "ID = " & me.ID)

Using your form's name, the name of the ID field on the form you're opening,
and the name of the field you're double-clicking, since I assume you are
using the contact ID number as the bound column for the list box.

--
Amy E. Baggott

"I''m going crazy and I''m taking all of you with me!" -- Linda Grayson

"Carlnlola via AccessMonster.com" wrote:

> I have a form that displays names and contact information. It is based off a
> master table (called CONTACTS). It uses a combo box to look up and display
> the contact ifo for whoever I select from the list.
>
> In order to simplify any search process, I also have simple forms that
> consists of a list box. Each form is specific to a particular region within
> the state (based on queries). What I want to do from any of these forms is
> double-click on a name in the list and have the original form (described
> above) load and display the record for that name.
>
> Any suggestions will be great.
>
> -Regards, Carl (if there's any level below NOVICE, I'm it)

> .

Pages: 1
Prev: Input mask
Next: Combo Box Wizard