From: Tim Wescott on
On Sun, 21 Feb 2010 12:37:31 -0600, Swager wrote:

>>Swager wrote:
>>
>>> Hello all
>>>
>>> I am new to DSPs and I have one TMS320F2812 DSP (only 1 chip). I want
>>> control induction motor from it. For that I need to write the program
>>> in C. Can anyone suggest me, which software should i use to
> write
>>> the program, and which assembler to convert it into HEX file. Finally
>>> I need to transfer it into DSP, but dont have any programmer. I want
>>> know
> how
>>> do program gets transfered into DSP flash, and which pins of DSP are
> used
>>> in this operation.
>>
>>Get 28xx evaluation kit from Spectrum Digital. It includes everything
>>you need.
>>
>>VLV
>>

> Sorry but, I dont have an enough money to buy a development board like
> spectrum Digital. I found on Ti that it needs a JTAG programmer to flash
> a DSP. Does anyone knows how to build own JTAG programmer? or anyone has
> its circuit.
>
> thank you

If you have the time and energy to scratch-build a board to accept the
processor, figure out how to program it using '232, debug it, etc., etc.,
etc., you have enough time to go work at a McDonald's for a few weeks at
minimum wage and earn what it takes to buy a board from Spectrum Digital
-- and having that board to build your system around will save you a
whole bunch of time and energy, and will make all those burger-flips
worthwhile.

--
www.wescottdesign.com
From: rickman on
On Feb 21, 4:32 pm, Tim Wescott <t...(a)seemywebsite.com> wrote:
> On Sun, 21 Feb 2010 12:37:31 -0600, Swager wrote:
> > Sorry but, I dont have an enough money to buy a development board like
> > spectrum Digital. I found on Ti that it needs a JTAG programmer to flash
> > a DSP. Does anyone knows how to build own JTAG programmer? or anyone has
> > its circuit.
>
> > thank you
>
> If you have the time and energy to scratch-build a board to accept the
> processor, figure out how to program it using '232, debug it, etc., etc.,
> etc., you have enough time to go work at a McDonald's for a few weeks at
> minimum wage and earn what it takes to buy a board from Spectrum Digital
> -- and having that board to build your system around will save you a
> whole bunch of time and energy, and will make all those burger-flips
> worthwhile.

Can you actually make money working at McDonalds? A friend of mine
worked for Roy Rogers one summer and they would have him work for a
couple of hours and if things slacked up, he had the choice of
clocking out and hanging around to clock back in if they picked up or
just going home. After taxes he would make enough each day to pay for
a burger... after the employee discount!

I don't know how much a Spectrum Digital board costs, or even which
board we are talking about. But if there aren't any open source DSP
boards like this there should be. The Beagle Board is an excellent
example of what open source hardware can be. For $150 you get a board
with all sorts of software and support.

Rick
From: Al Clark on
"Swager" <game.wuke(a)gmail.com> wrote in

>>Swager wrote:
>>
>>> Hello all
>>>
>>> I am new to DSPs and I have one TMS320F2812 DSP (only 1 chip).
>>> I want control induction motor from it. For that I need to write the
>>> program in C. Can anyone suggest me, which software should i use to
> write
>>> the program, and which assembler to convert it into HEX file. Finally I
>>> need to transfer it into DSP, but dont have any programmer. I want know
> how
>>> do program gets transfered into DSP flash, and which pins of DSP are
> used
>>> in this operation.
>>
>>Get 28xx evaluation kit from Spectrum Digital. It includes everything
>>you need.
>>
>>VLV
>>

> Sorry but, I dont have an enough money to buy a development board like
> spectrum Digital. I found on Ti that it needs a JTAG programmer to flash
> DSP. Does anyone knows how to build own JTAG programmer? or anyone has
its
> circuit.
>
> thank you

Can't help you with TI, but we do make a flash programmer for Blackfin and
Sharc customers

http://www.danvillesignal.com/analog-devices-development-tools/sharc-
blackfin-programmer.html

Al Clark
Danville Signal
From: Swager on
>Hello all
>
>I am new to DSPs and I have one TMS320F2812 DSP (only 1 chip).
>I want control induction motor from it. For that I need to write the
>program in C. Can anyone suggest me, which software should i use to write
>the program, and which assembler to convert it into HEX file. Finally I
>need to transfer it into DSP, but dont have any programmer. I want know
how
>do program gets transfered into DSP flash, and which pins of DSP are used
>in this operation.
>
>Thanks

Guys i've read the whole manual and its not given any physical connection
diagram between serial or parallel port and DSP F2812. Please help me out
if you know, how to flash a DSP via parallel port or serial port and its
connections.

swager
From: Rich Webb on
On Tue, 23 Feb 2010 02:20:13 -0600, "Swager" <game.wuke(a)gmail.com>
wrote:

>>Hello all
>>
>>I am new to DSPs and I have one TMS320F2812 DSP (only 1 chip).
>>I want control induction motor from it. For that I need to write the
>>program in C. Can anyone suggest me, which software should i use to write
>>the program, and which assembler to convert it into HEX file. Finally I
>>need to transfer it into DSP, but dont have any programmer. I want know
>how
>>do program gets transfered into DSP flash, and which pins of DSP are used
>>in this operation.
>>
>>Thanks
>>

>Guys i've read the whole manual and its not given any physical connection
>diagram between serial or parallel port and DSP F2812. Please help me out
>if you know, how to flash a DSP via parallel port or serial port and its
>connections.

3.2.10 Boot ROM
The Boot ROM is factory-programmed with boot-loading software. The Boot
ROM program executes after device reset and checks several GPIO pins to
determine which boot mode to enter. For example, the user can select to
execute code already present in the internal Flash or download new
software to internal RAM through one of several serial ports. Other boot
modes exist as well. The Boot ROM also contains standard tables, such
as SIN/COS waveforms, for use in math-related algorithms. Table 3--4
shows the details of how various boot modes may be invoked. See the
TMS320x281x DSP Boot ROM Reference Guide (literature number SPRU095),
for more information.

SPRU095 looks pretty straightforward. The SPI loader might be the
easiest.

--
Rich Webb Norfolk, VA