From: Swager on
Hello all

I am new to DSPs and I have one TMS320F2812 DSP (only 1 chip).
I want control induction motor from it. For that I need to write the
program in C. Can anyone suggest me, which software should i use to write
the program, and which assembler to convert it into HEX file. Finally I
need to transfer it into DSP, but dont have any programmer. I want know how
do program gets transfered into DSP flash, and which pins of DSP are used
in this operation.

Thanks

From: Tim Wescott on
On Sun, 21 Feb 2010 09:39:26 -0600, Swager wrote:

> Hello all
>
> I am new to DSPs and I have one TMS320F2812 DSP (only 1 chip). I want
> control induction motor from it. For that I need to write the program in
> C. Can anyone suggest me, which software should i use to write the
> program, and which assembler to convert it into HEX file. Finally I need
> to transfer it into DSP, but dont have any programmer. I want know how
> do program gets transfered into DSP flash, and which pins of DSP are
> used in this operation.
>
> Thanks

As far as I know the only tools available for the TI DSP's come from TI.
Their Code Composer suite is often aggravating, but still very good.

Burning flash on a TI part also requires TI-specific hardware, running a
TI-specific algorithm. It's done through the JTAG port, but it's done
with the help of an algorithm that gets downloaded onto the processor and
run.

--
www.wescottdesign.com
From: Vladimir Vassilevsky on

Swager wrote:

> Hello all
>
> I am new to DSPs and I have one TMS320F2812 DSP (only 1 chip).
> I want control induction motor from it. For that I need to write the
> program in C. Can anyone suggest me, which software should i use to write
> the program, and which assembler to convert it into HEX file. Finally I
> need to transfer it into DSP, but dont have any programmer. I want know how
> do program gets transfered into DSP flash, and which pins of DSP are used
> in this operation.

Get 28xx evaluation kit from Spectrum Digital. It includes everything
you need.

VLV
From: Swager on

>Swager wrote:
>
>> Hello all
>>
>> I am new to DSPs and I have one TMS320F2812 DSP (only 1 chip).
>> I want control induction motor from it. For that I need to write the
>> program in C. Can anyone suggest me, which software should i use to
write
>> the program, and which assembler to convert it into HEX file. Finally I
>> need to transfer it into DSP, but dont have any programmer. I want know
how
>> do program gets transfered into DSP flash, and which pins of DSP are
used
>> in this operation.
>
>Get 28xx evaluation kit from Spectrum Digital. It includes everything
>you need.
>
>VLV

Sorry but, I dont have an enough money to buy a development board like
spectrum Digital. I found on Ti that it needs a JTAG programmer to flash a
DSP. Does anyone knows how to build own JTAG programmer? or anyone has its
circuit.

thank you
From: Vladimir Vassilevsky on

Swager wrote:

>>Swager wrote:
>>

>>>Hello all
>>>
>>>I am new to DSPs and I have one TMS320F2812 DSP (only 1 chip).
>>>I want control induction motor from it. For that I need to write the
>>>program in C. Can anyone suggest me, which software should i use to
>
> write
>
>>>the program, and which assembler to convert it into HEX file. Finally I
>>>need to transfer it into DSP, but dont have any programmer. I want know
>
> how
>
>>>do program gets transfered into DSP flash, and which pins of DSP are
>
> used
>
>>>in this operation.
>>
>>Get 28xx evaluation kit from Spectrum Digital. It includes everything
>>you need.

> Sorry but, I dont have an enough money to buy a development board like
> spectrum Digital.

If you don't have enough of money to do it, it means that you are not
grown up enough to do it, and this is not for you. As simple as that.

> I found on Ti that it needs a JTAG programmer to flash a
> DSP. Does anyone knows how to build own JTAG programmer? or anyone has its
> circuit.

1. There is no necessity for JTAG. All that required is a serial RS-232
connection for bootloading.

2. If you have to program only one (1) DSC chip, don't bother. Find
someone who does this kind of work on routine basis.

VLV