From: Christian Simo on
Dear Team!

I currently virtualize with vmware,
Please how can I run Debian for PPC on Intel or How can I emulate Intel to
support PPC OS

Thanks in advance
From: Dirk Neumann on
On Fri, 30 Jul 2010 03:56:32 -0700
Christian Simo <csimo28(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear Team!
>
> I currently virtualize with vmware,
> Please how can I run Debian for PPC on Intel or How can I emulate Intel to
> support PPC OS

A first thought:
qemu (contains qemu-system-ppc).

Dirk.

On Jul 30, 2010, at 6:56 AM, Christian Simo wrote:

> Dear Team!
>
> I currently virtualize with vmware,
> Please how can I run Debian for PPC on Intel or How can I emulate
> Intel to support PPC OS
>
> Thanks in advance

The interesting question is what "flavor" of PowerPC? There are
NewWorld Macs, OldWorld Macs, and a few flavors of IBM and embedded
powerPC, each with their own boot firmware interface.

I've never used qemu, but I'm told it provides an emulated PPC VM.
But I have no idea of which boot firmware it emulates, if any.
Anybody know?

Rick

PS: I've cross-posted to the debian-powerpc in hopes they might have
some light to shed...

Thank you for your response!

I got two Unix OS: Debian for PPC and AIX IBM for PPC.

My computer CPU is a Intel with Host OS Windows XP.

So, I don't know how to emulate this CPU to run these OS.

I'm new on PPC precesssor.

Thank you in advance!

From: Burton Samograd on
Christian Simo <csimo28(a)gmail.com> writes:

> Thank you for your response!
>
> I got two Unix OS: Debian for PPC and AIX IBM for PPC.
>
> My computer CPU is a Intel with Host OS Windows XP.

Since you're running Windows XP, try Qemu Manager:

http://www.davereyn.co.uk/download.htm

It's easy to install and includes a gui to setup virtual machines.
After that you can boot from an iso image for the architecture of your
choice.

--
Burton Samograd