From: Zakhary on
I have not utilized Windows 7. But I can say that in Windows XP and Vista,
you can simply right-click on "My Computer" from the start menu or desktop
and click "Properties." It should show the operating system, service pack
number, etc.

--
-Zakhary

From: Jose on
On Jan 11, 3:45 pm, Zakhary <Zakh...(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> I have not utilized Windows 7.  But I can say that in Windows XP and Vista,
> you can simply right-click on "My Computer" from the start menu or desktop
> and click "Properties."  It should show the operating system, service pack
> number, etc.
>
> --
> -Zakhary
>

> "Karl Mondale" wrote:
> > Assume I have an Win7 Installation CD.
>
> > How can I find out NOT by installing it but from the files on this CD..
>
> > ....which EXACT version it is (OEM, SystemBuilder, ReleaseCandidate, Full, Home, Ultimate,...)
>
> > ....which language it is (english, spanish, german, multilanguage,...)
>
> > ....Which built (sub)version it is
>
> > I expected a readme.txt or similar file which EXACTLY describes this but did not found it.
>
> > Karl
>
> > .

i thought we were assuming you had a CD and wanted to know about that.

When you insert the CD, what is the volume label of the CD?