From: Leon_Amirreza on
hi
How can I have this in c# (or any equivalent code that does the same thing):

[DefaultValue(Environment.NewLine)]

or

[DefaultValue(f())]

f() is a function that returns a value.

From: Jesse Houwing on
* Leon_Amirreza wrote, On 29-12-2009 20:24:
> hi
> How can I have this in c# (or any equivalent code that does the same
> thing):
>
> [DefaultValue(Environment.NewLine)]
>
> or
>
> [DefaultValue(f())]
>
> f() is a function that returns a value.

You cannot.

--
Jesse Houwing
jesse.houwing at sogeti.nl
From: Family Tree Mike on
On 12/29/2009 2:24 PM, Leon_Amirreza wrote:
> hi
> How can I have this in c# (or any equivalent code that does the same
> thing):
>
> [DefaultValue(Environment.NewLine)]
>
> or
>
> [DefaultValue(f())]
>
> f() is a function that returns a value.

You can set those values for the properties in the constructor.

--
Mike
From: Mick Doherty on
The DefaultValueAttribute basically just determines a value which does not
need to be serialized and which will be set upon a reset command. It does
not set the initial value, this needs to be done by yourself.

To do this with a non fixed value you should define ShouldSerialize* and
Reset* methods instead, where * is the property name.

i.e.
-- 8< --------------------------------------------------

private string someProperty = Environment.NewLine;
public string SomeProperty
{
get{ return someProperty; }
set{ someProperty = value; }
}
private bool ShouldSerializeSomeProperty()
{
return !SomeProperty.Equals(Environment.NewLine);
}
private void ResetSomeProperty()
{
SomeProperty = Environment.NewLine;