From: MM on
I was looking at some code for bin packing
http://www.developerfusion.com/article/5540/bin-packing/7/ and it was
only later that I realised the code was for VB.Net. This supports a
new data structure called 'jagged array', going on what I've found on
the web. The sample code includes:

Private Bins()() As Integer

Is a UDT the way to replicate the functionality in VB6?

MM
From: Dee Earley on
On 01/06/2010 14:55, MM wrote:
> I was looking at some code for bin packing
> http://www.developerfusion.com/article/5540/bin-packing/7/ and it was
> only later that I realised the code was for VB.Net. This supports a
> new data structure called 'jagged array', going on what I've found on
> the web. The sample code includes:
>
> Private Bins()() As Integer
>
> Is a UDT the way to replicate the functionality in VB6?

It's one way if you need other data with each base element.
I'd use an array of variants, each item being another array, independent
of all the rest (and the parent)

--
Dee Earley (dee.earley(a)icode.co.uk)
i-Catcher Development Team

iCode Systems

Please reply to the group.)
From: MM on
On Tue, 01 Jun 2010 15:04:27 +0100, Dee Earley
<dee.earley(a)icode.co.uk> wrote:

>On 01/06/2010 14:55, MM wrote:
>> I was looking at some code for bin packing
>> http://www.developerfusion.com/article/5540/bin-packing/7/ and it was
>> only later that I realised the code was for VB.Net. This supports a
>> new data structure called 'jagged array', going on what I've found on
>> the web. The sample code includes:
>>
>> Private Bins()() As Integer
>>
>> Is a UDT the way to replicate the functionality in VB6?
>
>It's one way if you need other data with each base element.
>I'd use an array of variants, each item being another array, independent
>of all the rest (and the parent)

Ah! Good idea! Thanks.

MM