From: Scott on
How can I insert a row BELOW the currently selected row?

In Excel 2003, after selecting a row, I could go to the Table menu and
click insert rows below. Now the only option seems to be on the Home ribbon,
cells group, insert button then insert sheet row, which does so ABOVE the
selected row only.

I am trying to insert a row at the bottom of a table that preserves the
formatting of the table so that I can enter new data and have that at the
bottom of the table. The only other way is to insert above and then copy the
final row into the inserted row and then clear out the bottom row. This is a
real pain. Why did this feature disappear?
From: Billns on
On 4/12/2010 3:24 PM, Scott wrote:
> How can I insert a row BELOW the currently selected row?
>
> In Excel 2003, after selecting a row, I could go to the Table menu and
> click insert rows below. Now the only option seems to be on the Home ribbon,
> cells group, insert button then insert sheet row, which does so ABOVE the
> selected row only.
>
> I am trying to insert a row at the bottom of a table that preserves the
> formatting of the table so that I can enter new data and have that at the
> bottom of the table. The only other way is to insert above and then copy the
> final row into the inserted row and then clear out the bottom row. This is a
> real pain. Why did this feature disappear?

First create a Table using Ctrl-T
Then go to the bottom row and right click any cell in it. From the drop
down menu, click Insert, then select Insert Rows Above.

Bill