From: lmavroff on
I have created the following formula from by reviewing other treads. While
it works, it is very long. Any suggestions for simplification? Ideally I
would like to create a Name reference for the formula but it is too long for
a Name reference.
From: Fred Smith on
My suggestion is you post your formula.

Regards,
Fred

From: lmavroff on
Thanks, Fred! Yeah, I reposted in another thread See below.

After reviewing some previous posts, I've come up with the following
function. Ideally, I would like to give it a Name reference, but it is too
long. Any suggestions for simplifying and shortening?

The formula looks at the left adjacent cell for location codes that
correspond to location descriptions. The column locations have the potential
of changing so I needed a solution that could dynamically change without a
fixed reference point. Let me know if you need any other information. Thank
you in advance for any assistance.

=IF(INDIRECT(ADDRESS(ROW(),COLUMN()-1))="O","Regional / Highland
Ave",IF(INDIRECT(ADDRESS(ROW(),COLUMN()-1))="OMV","Maryville / Armory
Place",IF(INDIRECT(ADDRESS(ROW(),COLUMN()-1))="OWK","West / Cedar
Bluff",IF(INDIRECT(ADDRESS(ROW(),COLUMN()-1))="OSV","Sevierville / Bradford
Square",INDIRECT(ADDRESS(ROW(),COLUMN()-1))))))

From: Dave Peterson on
Check your other post.

--

Dave Peterson