From: RustyAxeSys on
Hi

I'm attempting to get CF 8 to interface with dtSearch, a free text search
engine. It has a COM interface but CF consistently crashes when we get more
than 100,000 returns. So dtSearch have suggested using the .Net interface as
it has a callback mechanism which should prevent the issue. However, to get
dtSearch to run a search I need to tell it the location of the index to search
on. The interface for this is:

public System.Collections.Specialized.StringCollection IndexesToSearch {get;
set;}

So I need to be able to pass a .Net
System.Collections.Specialized.StringCollection object to this function. (for
info on StringCollection see
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.collections.specialized.stringcol
lection_members.aspx)

Unfotunately, CF does not appear to allow me to do this. If I do:

local.index = createObject(".NET",
"System.Collections.Specialized.StringCollection");
local.index.Insert(0, "D:\DataImages\PigVWolfe\full_text");
objSearchJob.Set_IndexesToSearch(local.index); // objSearchJob is a
dtSearch.Engine.SearchJob object - see
http://support.dtsearch.com/webhelp/dtsearchnetapi2/frames.html?frmname=topic&fr
mfile=dtSearch__Engine__SearchJob.html

CF says:

The Set_IndexesToSearch method was not found.
Either there are no methods with the specified method name and argument types,
or the Set_IndexesToSearch method is overloaded with argument types that
ColdFusion cannot decipher reliably. ColdFusion found 0 methods that matched
the provided arguments.

I suspect that CF is not passing local.index as a StringCollection object,
hence the error. The strange thing is that when I do a dump of local.index is
has all the methods and properties of StringCollection. I am also able to call
the methods and properties successfully. But for some reason CF seems unable
to pass this data type to dtSearch.

Am I doing something wrong? If not, is this intended behaviour or a known
issue which will be fixed in the next release?

Any assistance or insight into this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Nathan