From: creaystone on
Hi,

I have a large csv file. But each record is quoted by ", for
example,
"name1, address1, city1, state1, zip1,,,,,,,,,,,,,"
"name2, address2, city2, state2, zip2,,,,,,,,,,,,,"

I use file import and sas treat all the string as one single
variable. Since the file has more than 200K records, I cannot use
excel to process the file. How can I remove the " or is there a way I
can manipulate the data input using SAS code.

Thanks,

From: smileguy on
you can manipulate the _infile_ and remove the quotes, then you can
read variables in as if it is a normal CSV file.

data test;
infile 'd:\test.csv' dsd;
input @;
_infile_=dequote(_infile_);
put _infile_;
input (name address city state zip)($);
run;

On Jun 18, 10:26 am, creaystone <x_li...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a large csv file.  But each record is quoted by ", for
> example,
> "name1, address1, city1, state1, zip1,,,,,,,,,,,,,"
> "name2, address2, city2, state2, zip2,,,,,,,,,,,,,"
>
> I use file import and sas treat all the string as one single
> variable.  Since the file has more than 200K records, I cannot use
> excel to process the file.  How can I remove the " or is there a way I
> can manipulate the data input using SAS code.
>
> Thanks,

Pages: 1
Prev: histogram
Next: plot from proc Freq output