From: Sangsik,Yun on
I'm going to attach EMC Disk on RedHat linux with not use EMC
powerpath(EMC Support Mulipath Software).

HBA driver was installed.

The LUN assign to host at EMC storage

and then i don't know about how can i recognize on RedHat linux

please, help me
[root(a)linux /]# fdisk -l

Disk /dev/sda: 18.1 GB, 18113808896 bytes
64 heads, 32 sectors/track, 17274 cylinders
Units = cylinders of 2048 * 512 = 1048576 bytes

Device Boot Start End Blocks Id System
/dev/sda1 * 1 100 102384 83 Linux
/dev/sda2 101 17274 17586176 8e Linux LVM
[root(a)linux /]#
From: Henrik Carlqvist on
"Sangsik,Yun" <wildgru(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm going to attach EMC Disk on RedHat linux with not use EMC
> powerpath(EMC Support Mulipath Software).

In my experience avoiding powerpath might be a good idea unless you have
hardware for and need the redunancy of multipath.

> HBA driver was installed.

Good, does dmesg show anything which relates to the HBA?

> The LUN assign to host at EMC storage

I'm not very familiar with RedHat, but in Slackware you will have to make
sure that an extra file, /etc/rc.d/rc.scanluns is executable for the
system to detect different luns. Once detected you will probably also find
out about disks and partitions in dmesg.

> and then i don't know about how can i recognize on RedHat linux
>
> please, help me
> [root(a)linux /]# fdisk -l
>
> Disk /dev/sda: 18.1 GB, 18113808896 bytes 64 heads, 32 sectors/track,
> 17274 cylinders Units = cylinders of 2048 * 512 = 1048576 bytes
>
> Device Boot Start End Blocks Id System
> /dev/sda1 * 1 100 102384 83 Linux
> /dev/sda2 101 17274 17586176 8e Linux LVM
> [root(a)linux /]#

I guess that /dev/sda is your system disk? If so your system has not
detected your EMC disk.

First of all we must make sure that your HBA is found, please post the
output from the following commands:

lspci
lsmod
dmesg

regards Henrik
root(a)localhost postmaster(a)localhost

From: Zebee Johnstone on
In comp.os.linux.hardware on Mon, 22 Feb 2010 22:55:22 +0100
Henrik Carlqvist <Henrik.Carlqvist(a)deadspam.com> wrote:

> First of all we must make sure that your HBA is found, please post the
> output from the following commands:

Theoretically RH 5 can find SAN LUNs without a reboot.

If it doesn't... then a reboot's worth a try!

Also, check the card manufacturer's site for utils, Qlogic and
Emulex/LPFC have utlities that search for LUNs.

EMC also have a prog called inquire which can find LUNs.

Once you have the LUNs, you then do multipathing, see
http://kbase.redhat.com/ and search on multipath for lots of useful
info.

Zebee