|  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Label Printer recommendations
Does anyone know if there is a Linux compatible label printer available? I have an old Seiko but it's never worked with Linux. I see a Dymo driver listed in CUPS, does anyone know the Dymo 450 works with this driver? ... 10 Aug 2010 13:35
586 Video RAM limit?
I got a P1-133 the other day, a Compaq Deskpro 2000 5133. Am trying to get a new PCI video card (nVidia 8400GS, 512M) working in it under Slackware 13.1, but the BIOS/Diagnostics show it as : "Invalid Class or Cub Class (9h, 80h)" and the kernel isn't doing its usual magic. I know the card works, pulled it form a... 7 Aug 2010 06:06
ideal operating temperature for computer equipment
i all, Hi all, I was going through the book Linux Administration Handbook by evi nemeth, et al in it is written that ideal operating temperature for computer equipment is (17c-20c) with about 45% humidity. ambient temperature about 27C in the computer room imply about 49C inside machines. commercial grad... 6 Aug 2010 15:58
mdadm (SW-RAID) and RAID6 performance. Or should I use HW-RAID?
Are there any users using mdadm for RAID6? I wanted to get a performance estimate. Usually for RAID0,1,5 etc. I prefer well-tested, open-source mdadm to some sort of hardware implemented proprietary RAID card. But I've read that the checksum computation for RAID6 is computationally expensive. Hence I was wond... 8 Aug 2010 11:13
eSATA support in Linux / is eSATA visible as a block device?
How's the support for eSATA in Linux? I've never worked with eSATA before so I was wondering. I run CentOS 5.4. Just wanted to get some opinions before I spent my $$ on one such device. Also, are eSATA devices visible just like SATA or SAS as block devices? Will I see a /dev/sda /dev/sdb x8....etc. if I buy a ... 2 Aug 2010 16:57
HP T1100ps plotter password
Hi all, I can't login to my HP plotter T1100ps model via browser ,i just reseted the password after that I am not able to login Is there any default username/password for this printer ? ... 29 Jul 2010 02:05
Intel ambient temparature ???
Hi all, I keep reading in server manuals that intel ambient temparature is --- Degree centigrade. what exactly is the concept of Intel Ambient temparature ?? Does it mean the optimal temperature for a particular Intel processors ? ... 31 Jul 2010 09:37
Film/slide/negative scanner for Linux
Can anyone recommend a 35mm film/slide/negative scanner that will run under Linux. FWIW, I'm located in Australia and a strong preference to buy locally. T.I.A. ... 29 Jul 2010 02:05
Surfstick E1762
Hi, I have some trouble with the Surfstick Huawei E1762. I cannot get it to work on my notebook. I tried the following: ls usb Bus 006 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub Bus 007 Device 003: ID 12d1:1446 Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd. Bus 007 Device 002: ID 05a9:2640 OmniVision Techno... 27 Jul 2010 13:56
Blinking screen in text mode (Ubuntu 10.04, other distros)
Hi! I installed newest Ubuntu 10.04 on my laptop Fujitsu Siemens V5515 and I have problem with screen in text mode (between GRUB and Xorg or after Ctrl+Alt+F1 f.e.). Blinking means, I can't see nothing, screen mix everything to unrecognisable pattern. I don't know why this occurs. I have this problem in every ... 26 Jul 2010 02:59
Only Hp printers for linux users ????
Hi all, My friend is of the argument that he will buy only H.P printers, because of the HPLIP (Hewlett Packard Linux Imaging project) where H.P developers work to make open source drivers available for linux and BSD. This is probably the only instance where the device manufacturers works on fully free open sour... 28 Jul 2010 16:15
ECC: what OS got to do with it?
Having looked at the prices for the proper cases and given ecc unavailability on X58 I started looking down the beaten path of buying a xeon box configured online. Looked on hp small business site and started cherry picking parts for Z800 workstation: configurator says ECC (DDR 1333) is not supported by any 64 bit... 29 Jul 2010 04:14
Onsite Computer Repairs Northern & Southern Suburbs Perth
No Hourly Rate - Fixed Price Same Day Service Experienced Computer Technicians Proudly WA owned and run Onsite Computer Repairs Home or Office http://www.geekswa.com.au/index.html ... 21 Jul 2010 00:30
Onsite Computer Repairs Northern & Southern Suburbs Perth
No Hourly Rate - Fixed Price Same Day Service Experienced Computer Technicians Proudly WA owned and run Onsite Computer Repairs Home or Office http://www.geekswa.com.au/index.html ... 20 Jul 2010 23:25
Am I doing this Grub2 upgrade correctly in my old Debian box?
Hello! I just did my daily apt-get update and upgrade today, but I ran into a grub2 upgrade (sorry for the messy menu screen pastes since my old Windows' SecureCRT v3.4.8 SSH2 terminal doesn't seem to handle the fonts and layouts nicely): # apt-get update Hit http://security.debian.org stable/updates Relea... 19 Jul 2010 06:58
Cirrus Alpine Video RAM
While trying to achieve higher resolutions on a system with a S3 Virge/DX PCI, I tried a Cirrus Logic Alpine (PCI, too). (Maybe I'd never be able to achieve a resolution as big as the highest achievable with the S3, but I dunno how to avoid the annoying horizontal jitter which, despite also appearing below 1280x1... 17 Jul 2010 11:57
Badblocks
I have some questions about badblocks. I'm running badblocks on a new WD 1.5TB drive. On Storage Review the performance of the Caviar Black series for sequential reads and writes is measured at 75MBytes/sec to 145MBytes/ sec. SATA is half duplex so the expected time to read and write all 1.5TBytes would be aroun... 15 Jul 2010 19:49
Low level formatting of laser servo diskettes
On Wed, 30 Jun 2010 13:12:57 +0100, The Natural Philosopher wrote: Then try the superformat package and see what happens. Right. I will give that a go. Does anyone know the following parameters for the LS120 diskettes? * End Track (I think these disks have a capacity of 123264 blocks. Can anyone confirm... 17 Jul 2010 13:02
 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11