From: annalissa on
Hi all,

I keep reading in server manuals that intel ambient temparature is ---
Degree centigrade.

what exactly is the concept of Intel Ambient temparature ??

Does it mean the optimal temperature for a particular Intel
processors ?
From: david on
On Wed, 28 Jul 2010 03:32:36 -0700, annalissa rearranged some electrons to
say:

> Hi all,
>
> I keep reading in server manuals that intel ambient temparature is ---
> Degree centigrade.
>
> what exactly is the concept of Intel Ambient temparature ??
>
> Does it mean the optimal temperature for a particular Intel processors ?

Amibent temperature is the temperature of the air around your server.
From: Curt on
On 2010-07-28, annalissa <aarklon(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I keep reading in server manuals that intel ambient temparature is ---
> Degree centigrade.

Intel? Or internal?

> what exactly is the concept of Intel Ambient temparature ??

Well, _internal_ ambient temperature would probably mean the temperature
inside the case, or housing, perhaps at a given distance from the
cpu(s).

> Does it mean the optimal temperature for a particular Intel
> processors ?

I don't know whether there is an optimal temperature. I think there's a
range of temperatures within which the processor(s) will perform
reliably, the primary concern I've heard about being with the high end
of a given range (i.e., things becoming too hot).