First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Optical burner life
AZ Nomad <aznomad.3(a)PremoveOBthisOX.COM> writes: On 27 May 2010 12:08:34 GMT, General Schvantzkoph <schvantzkoph(a)yahoo.com> wrote: I doubt that there is any truth to it. However DVD burners are so cheap that you might as well consider them to be disposable, I certainly wouldn't do anything to optimis... 12 Jul 2010 22:55
Can't blank CD-RW anymore
Hello. I can't blank CDs anymore, using either cdrecord or cdrdao, even though I could do it before. Can a kernel upgrade be a reason? Any other hint? Thanks. -- F. Delente ... 9 Jul 2010 03:59
kvm switch
Hi all, can anybody explain me the trade off between a KVM switch and the use of a Desktop sharing software such as VNC viewer ? ... 10 Jul 2010 21:30
Problem turn on computer
Hi, I have a serious problem with my dell xps m1530. This morning I tried to turn on it but after I press the button all the lights turn off and only the hd light remains on. The monitor is copletly black and there are not hd loading sound. The laptop doesn't load the bios and remain in this state indefinitely. ... 5 Jul 2010 08:51
Recommendations for Linux-based mini-netbook or mini-notebook
I am looking for a mini notebook (preferably) or mini netbook. I am *not* looking for a smartphone. Here is the netbook that I have been looking at: http://www.eglobalwireless.com/p-4333-new-7-mini-netbook-laptop-notebook-wifi-windows-2gb-hd.aspx?gclid=CJHO0JGGkqICFQP7agodcRK7bg But unfortunately it runs Window... 2 Jul 2010 17:57
Fabiatech FX5624
I'm thinking of getting a Fabiatech FX5624 to be my house router. Does anyone have any experience of using Linux on this platform? -- http://www.greenend.org.uk/rjk/ ... 29 Jun 2010 16:16
Now, my Debian thinks I have SCSI for my old IDE/ATA drives after installing Kernel 2.6.32-4?
I demand that Ant may or may not have written... On 6/28/2010 2:37 AM PT, david typed: How does one tell the differences from real SATA and non-SATA? I liked hd* and sd* to see the differences. :( Ummm... look at the connectors? Beside opening the computer and looking inside. ;P Didn't all PATA/... 29 Jun 2010 12:57
USB Networking and Interconnectivity adapters
I need to buy a couple of usb networking adaptors for some of my computers, and am looking for recommendations, before I jump on ebay to try and source them. The adaptors should all be capable of running using open source (preferably kernel.org team provided drivers), and should use inbuilt firmware, rather ... 4 Jul 2010 05:47
Now, my Debian thinks I have SCSI for my old IDE/ATA drives afterinstalling Kernel 2.6.32-4?
On Mon, 28 Jun 2010 11:58:19 -0400, Hadron <hadronquark(a)gmail.com> wrote: Ant <ant(a)zimage.comANT> writes: On 6/28/2010 2:37 AM PT, david typed: How does one tell the differences from real SATA and non-SATA? I liked hd* and sd* to see the differences. :( hdparm -I ? Specifically, sata... 28 Jun 2010 16:09
Measure consumed bandwidth on USB link
Hi there, For an application in realtime video processing I got a bunch of high-res webcams. So far I had each one connected to a individual USB port of the processing computer. However now those cameras are to be combined into a single casing and connected over a long (in terms of USB-long) link, so repeaters w... 28 Jun 2010 10:35
First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12