First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Now, my Debian thinks I have SCSI for my old IDE/ATA drivesafter installing Kernel 2.6.32-4?
On Sun, 27 Jun 2010 06:30:52 -0700, Ant rearranged some electrons to say: On 6/6/2010 3:37 PM PT, Kenneth Scharf typed: In my case I'm using SATA hard disks and IDE DVD/CD rom dirves. Strangely enough, the system finds the SATA hard disks as /dev/sda and /dev/sdb, while the optical drives show up a... 28 Jun 2010 06:14
Turion 64 X2 RM-70 and S1?
Hi, I need to buy a CPU. the notebook has a socket S1. It used to work with Turion 64 X2 TDMTL60HAX5CT. I wonder whether Turion 64 X2 RM-70 would work with this motherboard. The RM-70 is to work with RM780 chipset. Do I need to have a mobo with such chipset ot is it just an optimal configuration for the RM-70? ... 27 Jun 2010 18:18
Now, my Debian thinks I have SCSI for my old IDE/ATA drives after installing Kernel 2.6.32-4?
Wolfgang.Draxinger wrote: <snip> This recommendation dates back to the days where hard disks were so small, <snip> Wolfgang I believe this was prior to journalled filesystems as well? If you system crashed, having multiple partitions meant possibly only losing one of them, instead of the whole O... 27 Jun 2010 12:48
"TLB parity error in virtual array; TLB error 'instruction"?
I found a way to get more chances of kernel panics now. If I run VirtualBox with Windows XP Pro. SP3 (IE6) virtual machine that uses 256 MB of RAM, I have better chances of getting kernel panics. I will have to try again and maybe try 1 GB of RAM this time. ... 1 Jul 2010 12:11
Reusing DVD+RW disks with cdrecord
How do I reuse a DVD+RW disk using cdrecord? Do I need to erase the disk first, or does a subsequent record simply go over the top? If I need to erase the disk, how do I do this? Does cdrecord provide the facility to erase DVD+RW disks? Mark. -- /local/home/mark/.Signature --- news://freenews.netf... 21 Jun 2010 10:12
One keyboard in TTY and one in the X Server
Hello, i would like to use one Keyboard in a TTY Session, so that this keyboard is catched there. The input events shouldn't be sent to the X Server in which i am logged in at the same time. For the X server the second keyboard should be responsible. How can i do this? I have got 2.6.32-22 (ubuntu 10.04) with ud... 14 Jun 2010 16:14
Intel 82577LM Gigabit ethernet and Linux 2.6.34
I have a new Lenovo X201 notebook with the ethernet chip Intel 82577LM. I had the infamous "black screen" problem booting Linux, both archlinux and Ubuntu latest. Could install arch by booting with the kernel parameter nomodeset. It loads the module e1000e. # uname -a Linux myhost 2.6.34-ARCH #1 SMP PREEMPT Mon... 14 Jun 2010 15:07
New Motherboard
Looking to buy a new motherboard. Hopefully will take my Athlon 64 x2 and my ddr2 ram...Will be used on Linux only and must be able to boot from usb...Any info welcome ... 12 Jun 2010 10:25
Now, my Debian thinks I have SCSI for my old IDE/ATA drives after installing Kernel 2.6.32-4?
Anton Ertl wrote: Ant <ant(a)zimage.comANT> writes: Hello. Recently, I upgraded a bunch of Debian packages and installed Kernel v2.6.32-4 (had -3 packages) through apt-get. I rebooted and noticed all my hd* were gone. They were replaced with sd* instead. Some datas: # dmesg ... [ ... 28 Jun 2010 12:49
tv card not detected [strange follow-up]
greets again. very strange conclusion to my mobo saga. I took the board with the unresponsive pci slots back today to the shop figuring I would beg for reimbursement minus their re-stocking fee. they were very friendly and didn't even want to read my little letter explaining my problem and how I gave up o... 6 Jun 2010 01:37
First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13