First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
Now, my Debian thinks I have SCSI for my old IDE/ATA drives after installing Kernel 2.6.32-4?
In article <Pine.LNX.4.64.1005121814520.6921(a)news.robertwolfe.org>, robert(a)news.robertwolfe.org says... On Sat, 8 May 2010, The Natural Philosopher wrote: In my university, when we were equipping the physics computer lab with new machines, a lot of partitioning schemes were suggested. Well, the... 4 Jun 2010 20:17
SOLVED - Re: Formatting External USB Drives
Quite a while ago I made a post about my trouble with formatting a MacAlly external USB drive containing a Western Digital SATA disk. I also was having trouble keeping access going to that unit, and I returned the enclosure. Someone on a web forum suggested that I try NexStar enclosures instead. I did that, an... 4 Jun 2010 13:39
SCSI scanner to USB?
I have a Polaroid SprintScan 4000 35mm film and slide scanner that I would like to use with a CentOS 5.5 installation. The scanner has a SCSI interface cable, and I was wondering if there is a converter available to use the scanner with USB connection? If so, are any special kernel modules or drivers necessary... 7 Jun 2010 11:52
tv card not detected SOLVED
On Sun, 30 May 2010 12:00:31 +0000, General Schvantzkoph wrote: On Sat, 29 May 2010 23:26:46 -0500, felmon wrote: On Sun, 30 May 2010 02:50:31 +0000, General Schvantzkoph wrote: On Sat, 29 May 2010 21:38:26 -0500, felmon wrote: I want to leverage some parts I have: 2 DDR2 sticks and a... 4 Jun 2010 00:30
System Noise - pulsing whir
I'm having trouble with noise in my system. I custom built the system doing all the usual things to make it quiet, and it was running just great. It was quiet enough that sitting with my head 1m away from the system the florescent lights 2m away were louder by far than the computer. Then my ABIT-AV8-3rd-Eye mo... 3 Jun 2010 22:19
got cpu and ram, need good board
greets! need recommendations for a reliable mobo to run Linux (favor Debian Lenny, perhaps (also) OpenSuse). don't do gaming or overclocking; reliability and compatibility with Linux are the priorities. must have some standard pci slots. I want to leverage some parts I have: 2 DDR2 sticks and an Intel c... 17 Jun 2010 01:22
tv card not detected - rather stuck
hello, so I'm kind of stuck. a couple of days ago I got the rig back from the shop. the fellow knew enough linux to put Mint on the system for his testing. I believe he felt it necessary to blow away my Debian install (I gave him permission) because he wanted to test out Windows 7. he says Windows 7 sees... 30 May 2010 13:15
How to Retrieve Keyboard Repeat Rate & Repeat Delay in UNIX ?
Hi, I am looking for a way to retrieve Keyboard Repeat Rate & Repeat Delay in UNIX. In windows, we make use of "SystemParametersInfo" API to get the information about keyboard parameters using SPI_GETKEYBOARDSPEED and SPI_GETKEYBOARDDELAY. Similarly, from where can I find these attribute values in Linux. Ha... 27 May 2010 11:28
Optical burner life
About a month ago, my LG DVD burner started making coasters, even though it was still reading discs with no troubles. I investigated, determined that it was probably the burner itself, andbought a new one. That did indeed cure the problem. However, at one point Google led me to an old discussion on the lifetim... 28 May 2010 15:57
OBTAIN MCSE A+ ALL IT CERTIFICATIONS WITHOUT EXAMS AT HOME 100% PASS
hi friend, We ensure you 100% Pass guarantee in any IT exams like MCSE CCNA CCNP CCIE WRITTEN CCIE LAB OCP JAVA SUN MCSD CITRIX ETC. NO NEED TO GO ANYWHERE ! IT certifications without exams ! NO RISK, 100% REFUND IF FAILING ... 26 May 2010 09:08