First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Are there any Linux liveCD that have mcelog enabled?
Hello. Are there any Linux liveCDs that have mcelog enabled? I tried KNOPPIX v6.2.1 and Ubuntu v9.1.0 liveCDs, but they did not have them. In KNOPPIX, I tried to apt-get install, but it didn't run since it cannot open /dev/mcelog. In Ubuntu, mcelog package doesn't exist. Thank you in advance. :) -- "We a... 2 May 2010 16:27
Now, my Debian thinks I have SCSI for my old IDE/ATA drives afterinstalling Kernel 2.6.32-4?
Hello. Recently, I upgraded a bunch of Debian packages and installed Kernel v2.6.32-4 (had -3 packages) through apt-get. I rebooted and noticed all my hd* were gone. They were replaced with sd* instead. Some datas: # dmesg [ 0.000000] Initializing cgroup subsys cpuset [ 0.000000] Initializing cgroup s... 26 Apr 2010 18:20
What FOSS friendly video adapter should I buy?
I'm considering buying a new laptop, which will run mainly the Linux Operating System. After reading http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=nvidia_kills_nv&num=1 I'm pretty sure, that I will not buy any laptop with NVIDIA GPU. What chipset should I chose? My preferences are as follows (ordered accordi... 23 Apr 2010 20:51
SOLUTION - Re: Request for Recommendations - USB2 External Drive Enclosure
Yesterday my new USB2 NexStar enclosure arrived by UPS. Within 10 minutes I had the unit installed. It works perfectly, and data transfers are very fast. I sort of wish that I would have bought an eSATA card for my computer and the eSATA capable NexStar enclosure. But, maybe I'll do that next time. The USB2 N... 16 Apr 2010 13:57
Can reduce your computer course fee!!!
A wonderful idea to bargain for your courses including Computer, Language, Professional and Other courses by yourself. For more details www.shoppingreps.com?SourceId=1120 ... 14 Apr 2010 09:53
Seriously, thinking of dual booting 7 and Linux. How long to set up? hint: 'about two weeks'
I demand that RayLopez99 may or may not have written... [snip] I am reasonable. I cite my works, unlike chrisv, who is all opinion. I deal in logic, unlike my opponents who just name call. [citation needed] -- | Darren Salt | linux at youmustbejoking | nr. Ashington, | Toon | using Debia... 11 Apr 2010 12:20
kicking udev to create needed scsi devices? how?
Under the old linux, after you had unloaded the scsi card driver, connected and powered up the hard disk array/whatever, then reloaded the modules for the scsi card, if devices were missing, you could then run MAKEDEV and create them and it all worked. No such luck with current kernels as it is controlled by u... 20 Apr 2010 15:51
Request for Recommendations - USB2 External Drive Enclosure
Could someone please recommend an external drive enclosure for my Western Digital 1TB SATA drive? I need the enclosure to connect via USB2 to my computers. I'd like it if that enclosure could also connect via firewire. For added fun, it'd be nice if the enclosure could also connect via eSATA, even though I don't th... 13 Apr 2010 01:50
Blowing Out The Phone Lines?
Today I received a call from the telephone company instructing me that they would be blowing out the phone lines Friday and that I should wrap each of my phones in a plastic bag so that the debris doesn't scatter around the house. I've never heard of this before and am not sure what kind of bag I should use? Al... 12 Apr 2010 18:08
Seriously, thinking of dual booting 7 and Linux. How long toset up? hint: 'about two weeks'
["Followup-To:" header set to comp.os.linux.hardware.] On 2010-04-04, Aragorn <aragorn(a)chatfactory.invalid> wrote: Ubuntu 6.x is old - I think they're at version 9.x by now. Now, I'm not exactly experienced with Ubuntu, but just about every recent distribution has a kernel with a version number of around ... 9 Apr 2010 16:44
First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last