From: llort on
Today I received a call from the telephone company instructing me
that they would be blowing out the phone lines Friday and that I
should wrap each of my phones in a plastic bag so that the debris
doesn't scatter around the house.

I've never heard of this before and am not sure what kind of bag I
should use?
Also will the phone ring or something when they are finished?

No wonder the land line companies are losing business to cell
phones. With ancient technology that needs regular purging it's a
miracle that it works at all.
From: Roy on
On Apr 6, 11:46 am, llort <llor...(a)nope.net> wrote:
> Today I received a call from the telephone company instructing me
> that they would be blowing out the phone lines Friday and that I
> should wrap each of my phones in a plastic bag so that the debris
> doesn't scatter around the house.
>
> I've never heard of this before and am not sure what kind of bag I
> should use?
> Also will the phone ring or something when they are finished?
>
> No wonder the land line companies are losing business to cell
> phones. With ancient technology that needs regular purging it's a
> miracle that it works at all.

==
You're five days late on this posting.
==
From: dadiOH on
llort wrote:
> Today I received a call from the telephone company instructing me
> that they would be blowing out the phone lines Friday and that I
> should wrap each of my phones in a plastic bag so that the debris
> doesn't scatter around the house.
>
> I've never heard of this before and am not sure what kind of bag I
> should use?
> Also will the phone ring or something when they are finished?
>
> No wonder the land line companies are losing business to cell
> phones. With ancient technology that needs regular purging it's a
> miracle that it works at all.

Jeez, you must be young...I first heard that 65 years ago.

--

dadiOH
____________________________

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

From: Danno on
dadiOH wrote:

> llort wrote:
>> Today I received a call from the telephone company instructing me
>> that they would be blowing out the phone lines Friday
<snip>

> Jeez, you must be young...I first heard that 65 years ago.

BTW, is your refrigerator running?

--
Slackware 12.2, 2.6.27.7, Core i7 920, GeForce 8400 GS
RLU #272755
From: mm on
On Tue, 6 Apr 2010 13:46:05 -0400, llort <llort4u(a)nope.net> wrote:

>Today I received a call from the telephone company instructing me
>that they would be blowing out the phone lines Friday and that I
>should wrap each of my phones in a plastic bag so that the debris
>doesn't scatter around the house.
>
>I've never heard of this before and am not sure what kind of bag I
>should use?
>Also will the phone ring or something when they are finished?
>
>No wonder the land line companies are losing business to cell
>phones. With ancient technology that needs regular purging it's a
>miracle that it works at all.

The cell phone companies only get around this by making your phone
obsolete every few years. If your cell phone is more than 2 years
old, it's already performing not as well as when new, and DOES need to
be blown out.

If you take it to the store your provider runs, they will do this for
you for about 30 dollars. They don't talk about this because it would
discourage new customers.