From: felmon on
greets!

need recommendations for a reliable mobo to run Linux (favor Debian
Lenny, perhaps (also) OpenSuse).

don't do gaming or overclocking; reliability and compatibility with Linux
are the priorities.

must have some standard pci slots.

I want to leverage some parts I have: 2 DDR2 sticks and an Intel core 2
duo LGA775.

anyone? shopping for recommendations....

(background: recently bought an Intel DP43BFL and simply cannot get it to
see the standard pci slots which I need for my vintage trusty Hauppauge
WinTV card.)

FJD
From: Stefan Patric on
On Sat, 29 May 2010 21:43:36 -0500, felmon wrote:

> greets!
>
> need recommendations for a reliable mobo to run Linux (favor Debian
> Lenny, perhaps (also) OpenSuse).
>
> don't do gaming or overclocking; reliability and compatibility with
> Linux are the priorities.
>
> must have some standard pci slots.
>
> I want to leverage some parts I have: 2 DDR2 sticks and an Intel core 2
> duo LGA775.
>
> anyone? shopping for recommendations....
>
> (background: recently bought an Intel DP43BFL and simply cannot get it
> to see the standard pci slots which I need for my vintage trusty
> Hauppauge WinTV card.)

http://www.motherboards.org/mobot/

Plug in your requirements, and see what gets spit out.

Stef
From: felmon on
On Sun, 30 May 2010 03:17:00 +0000, Stefan Patric wrote:

> On Sat, 29 May 2010 21:43:36 -0500, felmon wrote:
>
>> greets!
>>
>> need recommendations for a reliable mobo to run Linux (favor Debian
>> Lenny, perhaps (also) OpenSuse).
>>
>> don't do gaming or overclocking; reliability and compatibility with
>> Linux are the priorities.
>>
>> must have some standard pci slots.
>>
>> I want to leverage some parts I have: 2 DDR2 sticks and an Intel core 2
>> duo LGA775.
>>
>> anyone? shopping for recommendations....
>>
>> (background: recently bought an Intel DP43BFL and simply cannot get it
>> to see the standard pci slots which I need for my vintage trusty
>> Hauppauge WinTV card.)
>
> http://www.motherboards.org/mobot/
>
> Plug in your requirements, and see what gets spit out.
>
> Stef

great site!

except -- nothing shows up if I specify: Core 2 duo; LGA 775 Socket
(everything else set to 'any').

my cpu is:

* Intel core 2 duo
* FSB 1333 MHz
* Socket LGA775
* L2 Cache 6MB

FJD
From: Robert Komar on
felmon <nemo(a)nowhere.invalid> wrote:
> my cpu is:
>
> * Intel core 2 duo
> * FSB 1333 MHz
> * Socket LGA775
> * L2 Cache 6MB

I have an Intel DG35EC that works with my Hauppauge PVR-150 card,
but it only has the _one_ PCI Conventional slot. If you only need
one slot, and can use a MicroATX board, check it out at:

http://www.intel.com/products/desktop/motherboards/dg35ec/dg35ec-overview.htm

Cheers,
Rob Komar
From: felmon on
On Sun, 30 May 2010 05:49:57 +0000, Robert Komar wrote:

> felmon <nemo(a)nowhere.invalid> wrote:
>> my cpu is:
>>
>> * Intel core 2 duo
>> * FSB 1333 MHz
>> * Socket LGA775
>> * L2 Cache 6MB
>
> I have an Intel DG35EC that works with my Hauppauge PVR-150 card, but it
> only has the _one_ PCI Conventional slot. If you only need one slot,
> and can use a MicroATX board, check it out at:
>
> http://www.intel.com/products/desktop/motherboards/dg35ec/dg35ec-
overview.htm

> Cheers,
> Rob Komar

yeah, sorry: I had noticed you had mentioned this board in another post
but also saw it was out-of-stock at newegg so it dropped out of mind.

but I just checked at tigerdirect, also no luck.

I would rather have more slots but so be it. I have a Thermaltake case
which as far as I can tell can house a micro ATX.

I see it offered elsewhere. I will browse.

Felmon