From: Greg Russell on
I have a Polaroid SprintScan 4000 35mm film and slide scanner that I
would like to use with a CentOS 5.5 installation.

The scanner has a SCSI interface cable, and I was wondering if there is a
converter available to use the scanner with USB connection? If so, are
any special kernel modules or drivers necessary?
From: notbob on
On 2010-06-04, Greg Russell <me(a)invalid.com> wrote:

> converter available to use the scanner with USB connection?

I can see you haven't tried Google.

nb
From: Steve Hayes on
On Fri, 04 Jun 2010 17:08:10 GMT, notbob <notbob(a)nothome.com> wrote:

>On 2010-06-04, Greg Russell <me(a)invalid.com> wrote:
>
>> converter available to use the scanner with USB connection?
>
>I can see you haven't tried Google.

Obviously the linux newsgroups are superfluous and should be close down, and
replaced by Google.

--
Terms and conditions apply.

Steve Hayes
hayesmstw(a)hotmail.com
From: Joe Beanfish on
On 06/04/10 13:02, Greg Russell wrote:
> I have a Polaroid SprintScan 4000 35mm film and slide scanner that I
> would like to use with a CentOS 5.5 installation.
>
> The scanner has a SCSI interface cable, and I was wondering if there is a
> converter available to use the scanner with USB connection? If so, are
> any special kernel modules or drivers necessary?

Here's one
http://www.usbgear.com/usb-to-scsi.html

There are others. Search the web for "usb scsi".
From: ray on
On Fri, 04 Jun 2010 17:02:26 +0000, Greg Russell wrote:

> I have a Polaroid SprintScan 4000 35mm film and slide scanner that I
> would like to use with a CentOS 5.5 installation.
>
> The scanner has a SCSI interface cable, and I was wondering if there is
> a converter available to use the scanner with USB connection? If so, are
> any special kernel modules or drivers necessary?

I've used a scsi to usb adapter to run a scsi scanner. With Linux - plug
it in and it works. MS wanted a driver.