From: Manasa on
Hi,

I am looking for a way to retrieve Keyboard Repeat Rate & Repeat Delay
in UNIX.

In windows, we make use of "SystemParametersInfo" API to get the
information about keyboard parameters using SPI_GETKEYBOARDSPEED and
SPI_GETKEYBOARDDELAY.

Similarly, from where can I find these attribute values in Linux. Have
checked "kbdrate" command which is used to set the values of rate and
delay.
Also looked into the source code "kbdrate.c" from

Here "kbd_repeat" structure is used and "KIOCSRATE" , "KDKBDREP"
structures are used to set the rate and delay values.

But I have no clue on where these settings are stored. Is it getting
stored on keyboard controller of SuperIO chipset ? Help me in finding
out the way to retrieve these attribute values.

Thanks,
Manasa
From: Bill Marcum on
["Followup-To:" header set to comp.os.linux.development.system.]
On 2010-05-27, Manasa <manasanagineni(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am looking for a way to retrieve Keyboard Repeat Rate & Repeat Delay
> in UNIX.
>
> In windows, we make use of "SystemParametersInfo" API to get the
> information about keyboard parameters using SPI_GETKEYBOARDSPEED and
> SPI_GETKEYBOARDDELAY.
>
> Similarly, from where can I find these attribute values in Linux. Have
> checked "kbdrate" command which is used to set the values of rate and
> delay.
> Also looked into the source code "kbdrate.c" from

In X, the repeat delay and rate is part of the data reported by "xset q".