From: Piotre Ugrumov on
Hi,

I have a serious problem with my dell xps m1530. This morning I tried
to turn on it but after I press the button all the lights turn off and
only the hd light remains on. The monitor is copletly black and there
are not hd loading sound. The laptop doesn't load the bios and remain
in this state indefinitely.

One time my laptop had problems with the graphics processor and the
assistance changed the motherboard but that time the computer turn on
and I had problem in windows. Now the laptop is dead.

What could it be?

Thanks, bye bye.
From: General Schvantzkoph on
On Mon, 05 Jul 2010 02:15:34 -0700, Piotre Ugrumov wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a serious problem with my dell xps m1530. This morning I tried to
> turn on it but after I press the button all the lights turn off and only
> the hd light remains on. The monitor is copletly black and there are not
> hd loading sound. The laptop doesn't load the bios and remain in this
> state indefinitely.
>
> One time my laptop had problems with the graphics processor and the
> assistance changed the motherboard but that time the computer turn on
> and I had problem in windows. Now the laptop is dead.
>
> What could it be?
>
> Thanks, bye bye.

The one thing you could try is to pull out the battery and disconnect the
power supply, wait a minute or so, then put the battery back in and
reconnect the supply brick. If something is latched up that will fix it.
If that doesn't work then I hope you are still under warranty, if you
aren't then it's time to buy a new laptop.