From: General Schvantzkoph on
Does anyone know if there is a Linux compatible label printer available?
I have an old Seiko but it's never worked with Linux. I see a Dymo driver
listed in CUPS, does anyone know the Dymo 450 works with this driver?
From: jan olieslagers on
General Schvantzkoph schreef:
> Does anyone know if there is a Linux compatible label printer available?
> I have an old Seiko but it's never worked with Linux. I see a Dymo driver
> listed in CUPS, does anyone know the Dymo 450 works with this driver?
\
Do you mean "work with linux" or "work with cups" ? I've driven all kind
of labelprinters from all kinds of 'nixen, but always through lpr.
From: Joe Pfeiffer on
General Schvantzkoph <schvantzkoph(a)yahoo.com> writes:

> Does anyone know if there is a Linux compatible label printer available?
> I have an old Seiko but it's never worked with Linux. I see a Dymo driver
> listed in CUPS, does anyone know the Dymo 450 works with this driver?

I have a Dymo LabelWriter 450, which works great with CUPS. I'm using
the "Dymo Label Printer" driver. As a bonus, here's a little .bashrc
function:

# print an address label
function label { enscript -r -d dymo450 -B -f Helvetica10 -M Address ; }

which goes along with the following .enscriptrc file:

# name width height llx lly urx ury
Media: Address 81 252 10 10 71 242

I give the command 'label', then type in each line of the label I want
to create. When I hit ^D, it comes spitting out of the Dymo.
From: General Schvantzkoph on
On Tue, 10 Aug 2010 10:18:38 -0600, Joe Pfeiffer wrote:

> General Schvantzkoph <schvantzkoph(a)yahoo.com> writes:
>
>> Does anyone know if there is a Linux compatible label printer
>> available? I have an old Seiko but it's never worked with Linux. I see
>> a Dymo driver listed in CUPS, does anyone know the Dymo 450 works with
>> this driver?
>
> I have a Dymo LabelWriter 450, which works great with CUPS. I'm using
> the "Dymo Label Printer" driver. As a bonus, here's a little .bashrc
> function:
>
> # print an address label
> function label { enscript -r -d dymo450 -B -f Helvetica10 -M Address ; }
>
> which goes along with the following .enscriptrc file:
>
> # name width height llx lly urx ury
> Media: Address 81 252 10 10 71 242
>
> I give the command 'label', then type in each line of the label I want
> to create. When I hit ^D, it comes spitting out of the Dymo.

Thanks, that's exactly what I wanted to hear.

Pages: 1
Prev: 586 Video RAM limit?