From: AxisNovice on
Hi,

I would like to calculate the experience of service basing on today's
date, taken 2 two text boxes one is for entering the joining date of
an employee and at the same time other text is for counting his
service like .2 years and 5 months, should be automatically updated
after i've entered the service joined date..

The service should be automatically updated because i have to issue it
for 3 months...
thanks in advance..

From: John Spencer on
You would not store the duration of experience in any table.

Depending on the accuracy needed, you could use an expression like:
DateDiff("m",[JoiningDate],Date())
to display the number of months. One shortcoming is that DateDiff counts the
changes in the month. So
Jan 31, 2009 to Feb 1, 2008 = 1
while
Jan 1, 2009 to Jan 31, 2009 = 0

Or try the "More Complete DateDiff Function" Graham Seach and Doug Steele wrote.

http://www.accessmvp.com/djsteele/Diff2Dates.html

John Spencer
Access MVP 2002-2005, 2007-2010
The Hilltop Institute
University of Maryland Baltimore County

From: AxisNovice on
thank you ,
i'm trying more to concate the above expression with years and
months..
which i'm using in excel..
=DATEDIF(A1,B1,"y")&" years "&DATEDIF(A1,B1,"ym")&" months "&DATEDIF
(A1,B1,"md")
&" days"

Is it ok in MS Access to build expression..