From: Frank on
Duane in my understanding report will take value from query and query will take value from table. So if we do not have a calculated field in query how can we link it.

I also refer to your previous email Nov 13 saying 5 set of subreport.

OK I will try again to make it only one subreport. But if you still have a rather easy one I appreciate. The problem because we have to choose in combo box the year of service, then it will show, for the last 5 years in the report.

Thanks very much,

Frank

Duane Hookom wrote:

As I stated, there is only one subreport.
24-Nov-09

As I stated, there is only one subreport. I am not sure where you got the
Year[X] columns in your main report record source. What's wrong with the main
report record source as I suggested in my reply on 11/18 and the subreport
record source from 11/23?

--
Duane Hookom
Microsoft Access MVP

Look Ma, No DataBase! Bamboo Prevalence
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/36764446-2539-4775-ad77-d3a00233c10a/look-ma-no-database-bam.aspx
From: Duane Hookom on
My Nov 13 message was prior to you providing some information. My 11/13
message stated "I would try use 5 copies of the same subreport side-by-side
in the detail section of a main report". That clearly states the same
subreport copied 5 times in main report.

The Year field must be in the subreport's record source. This year is used
as part of the Link Child. To get the year part for the Link Master property,
you put 5 text boxes in the main report. If you can't figure out how to do
this based on the control on your form, just set the control sources of the 5
text boxes to:
=2009
=2008
=2007
=2006
=2005
Then once it works, read back through my posts to find out how to change
these to dynamically calculate based on the value from the control on the
form.

--
Duane Hookom
Microsoft Access MVP