From: Excell Rooky Excell on
I am completing a pivot table/csv file for Government Legislation
requirements and my user id number for submitting the information keeps
reverting to a scientific number which is unacceptable to the government site.
I have tried and better tried formatting the cell, gone into tools/edit etc
but to no avail I am running out of time for submission - help!
From: Dave Peterson on
Have you tried widening the column?

But I don't know what a pivot table/csv file means. Does this mean you're
having trouble in the CSV file?

If you're checking the CSV file by reopening it in excel, try checking the
layout using a text editor -- like NotePad.

From: yojimbo on

I have had this issue with keeping fake credit card numbers in a
spreadsheet for systems testing purposes. To stop the number from being
autoformatted add a ' hanging comma symbol to the
beginning of the number.

--
yojimbo
From: Billns on
On 5/17/2010 3:00 AM, Excell Rooky wrote:
> I am completing a pivot table/csv file for Government Legislation
> requirements and my user id number for submitting the information keeps
> reverting to a scientific number which is unacceptable to the government site.
> I have tried and better tried formatting the cell, gone into tools/edit etc
> but to no avail I am running out of time for submission - help!

If the "number" is a user id, why not make it text instead? Precede it
with an apostrophe as suggested.

Bill