From: juanma.freelance on
Hi!

I'm sorry but I am not English and I speack English very bad.

My question is: How connect a PC Embedded to Vending Machine? I know
that exist a protocol MDB that is used by vending machine, but this
conector is different to pc conector (RS232, USB, i2c, etc). Can I
connect a PC Embedded by MDB? How?

Anybody understand me?

Thanks you!
From: PhilW on

<juanma.freelance(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi!
>
> I'm sorry but I am not English and I speack English very bad.
>
> My question is: How connect a PC Embedded to Vending Machine? I know
> that exist a protocol MDB that is used by vending machine, but this
> conector is different to pc conector (RS232, USB, i2c, etc). Can I
> connect a PC Embedded by MDB? How?
>
> Anybody understand me?
>
> Thanks you!

We understand you.

Read the spec to understand what is required to connect.

However, even once you have done the hardware to be able to connect to a
PC's RS232 port you will, more than likely run into the problem of the 9bit
char format not being supported on a std PC serial port.

You can fudge it using the mark/space parity control but it is not very
nice.

Why don't you use ccTalk instead? www.cctalk.org

regards
PhilW

From: juanma.freelance on
On 29 sep, 03:32, "PhilW" <p...(a)microcoin.com> wrote:
> <juanma.freela...(a)gmail.com> wrote in message

> > Hi!
>
> > I'm sorry but I am not English and I speack English very bad.
>
> > My question is: How connect a PC Embedded to Vending Machine? I know
> > that exist a protocol MDB that is used by vending machine, but this
> > conector is different to pc conector (RS232, USB, i2c, etc). Can I
> > connect a PC Embedded by MDB? How?
>
> > Anybody understand me?
>
> > Thanks you!
>
> We understand you.
>
> Read the spec to understand what is required to connect.
>
> However, even once you have done the hardware to be able to connect to a
> PC's RS232 port you will, more than likely run into the problem of the 9bit
> char format not being supported on a std PC serial port.
>
> You can fudge it using the mark/space parity control but it is not very
> nice.
>
> Why don't you use ccTalk instead?www.cctalk.org
>
> regards
> PhilW

Thanks you.

I dont understand all, what is "ccTalk"??

regards.
Juanma.
From: juanma.palomo on
On 29 sep, 11:11, juanma.freela...(a)gmail.com wrote:
> On 29 sep, 03:32, "PhilW" <p...(a)microcoin.com> wrote:
>

> > <juanma.freela...(a)gmail.com> wrote in message

> > > Hi!
>
> > > I'm sorry but I am not English and I speack English very bad.
>
> > > My question is: How connect a PC Embedded to Vending Machine? I know
> > > that exist a protocol MDB that is used by vending machine, but this
> > > conector is different to pc conector (RS232, USB, i2c, etc). Can I
> > > connect a PC Embedded by MDB? How?
>
> > > Anybody understand me?
>
> > > Thanks you!
>
> > We understand you.
>
> > Read the spec to understand what is required to connect.
>
> > However, even once you have done the hardware to be able to connect to a
> > PC's RS232 port you will, more than likely run into the problem of the 9bit
> > char format not being supported on a std PC serial port.
>
> > You can fudge it using the mark/space parity control but it is not very
> > nice.
>
> > Why don't you use ccTalk instead?www.cctalk.org
>
> > regards
> > PhilW
>
> Thanks you.
>
> I dont understand all, what is "ccTalk"??
>
> regards.
> Juanma.- Ocultar texto de la cita -
>
> - Mostrar texto de la cita -

I read a little about spec of "ccTalk", and this is other protocol,
no?

I need "to talk" with a vending machine. The standard of vending
machine is the MDB (i think).

Are you understand me?

Thanks you.
regards.
From: James Beck on
In article <1da3a443-e530-487a-8cb7-e4166e206414
@i76g2000hsf.googlegroups.com>, juanma.palomo(a)gmail.com says...
> On 29 sep, 11:11, juanma.freela...(a)gmail.com wrote:
> > On 29 sep, 03:32, "PhilW" <p...(a)microcoin.com> wrote:
> >

> > > <juanma.freela...(a)gmail.com> wrote in message

> > > We understand you.
> >
> > > Read the spec to understand what is required to connect.
> >
> > > However, even once you have done the hardware to be able to connect to a
> > > PC's RS232 port you will, more than likely run into the problem of the 9bit
> > > char format not being supported on a std PC serial port.
> >
> > > You can fudge it using the mark/space parity control but it is not very
> > > nice.
> >
> > > Why don't you use ccTalk instead?www.cctalk.org
> >
> > > regards
> > > PhilW
> >
> > Thanks you.
> >
> > I dont understand all, what is "ccTalk"??
> >
> > regards.
> > Juanma.- Ocultar texto de la cita -
> >
> > - Mostrar texto de la cita -
>
> I read a little about spec of "ccTalk", and this is other protocol,
> no?
>
> I need "to talk" with a vending machine. The standard of vending
> machine is the MDB (i think).
>
> Are you understand me?
>
> Thanks you.
> regards.