From: Chian Hsieh on
Hi,

I want to use tail command to tail the file by popen and trigger the
function signal() by every 3 secs.

Here is my example code:

declare(ticks = 1);
// Unreachable function
function signal($signal) {
echo "SIGALRM\n";
pcntl_alarm(3);
}

pcntl_signal(SIGALRM, "signal");
pcntl_alarm(3);
$fpcmd = popen("tail -f my.log", 'r');
while (!feof($fpcmd)) {
$line = fgets($fpcmd);
echo $line;
}

Unfortunately, the signal() function is never reached.
Why ? Could someone help me ?

Thanks for your help.

- Arron
From: Jim Lucas on
Chian Hsieh wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I want to use tail command to tail the file by popen and trigger the
> function signal() by every 3 secs.
>
> Here is my example code:
>
> declare(ticks = 1);
> // Unreachable function
> function signal($signal) {
> echo "SIGALRM\n";
> pcntl_alarm(3);
> }
>
> pcntl_signal(SIGALRM, "signal");
> pcntl_alarm(3);
> $fpcmd = popen("tail -f my.log", 'r');
> while (!feof($fpcmd)) {
> $line = fgets($fpcmd);
> echo $line;
> }
>

> Unfortunately, the signal() function is never reached.
> Why ? Could someone help me ?
>
> Thanks for your help.
>
> - Arron

What version of PHP are you running?

Read: http://php.net/declare

I found this at the bottom of the declare page.

[quote]
The encoding declare value is ignored in PHP 5.3 unless php is compiled with
--enable-zend-multibyte.
[/quote]

Also, doesn't look like you are using the "register_tick_function()" function.

Is it required? Not sure, but their examples show its usage.

--
Jim Lucas

A: Maybe because some people are too annoyed by top-posting.
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.