From: Dennis on
Hi,

I'm trying to call a procedure that resideds in the main from teh sub-form.
Here is the code in the main form:

Public Sub Check_Batch_Balance()

If IsNumeric(Me.txtDif) And Me.txtDif = 0 Then
Me.txtOutOfBalance.Visible = False
Else
Me.txtOutOfBalance.Visible = True
End If
End Sub

Here is the code in the sub-form:

Private Sub txtAmt1_AfterUpdate()

Call [frmContribute].Check_Batch_Balance '
Determine if batch is in balance

End Sub

When I run the code, I receive the following error message."

Access can't find the field "[" referred to in your expression. I have the
option to End, Debug, or Help. When I click on debug, it show the following
line:

Call [frmContribute].Check_Batch_Balance

What am I doing wrong and how do I correct it?

--
Dennis
From: Dirk Goldgar on
"Dennis" <Dennis(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to call a procedure that resideds in the main from teh
> sub-form.
> Here is the code in the main form:
>
> Public Sub Check_Batch_Balance()
>
> If IsNumeric(Me.txtDif) And Me.txtDif = 0 Then
> Me.txtOutOfBalance.Visible = False
> Else
> Me.txtOutOfBalance.Visible = True
> End If
> End Sub
>

> Here is the code in the sub-form:
>

> Private Sub txtAmt1_AfterUpdate()
>
> Call [frmContribute].Check_Batch_Balance '
> Determine if batch is in balance
>
> End Sub
>

> When I run the code, I receive the following error message."
>
> Access can't find the field "[" referred to in your expression. I have
> the
> option to End, Debug, or Help. When I click on debug, it show the
> following
> line:
>
> Call [frmContribute].Check_Batch_Balance
>

> What am I doing wrong and how do I correct it?

The easiest way is to access the Sub through the subform's Parent property,
which returns a reference to the subform's parent form:

Call Me.Parent.Check_Batch_Balance

If you needed to call it from some other location where you didn't have a
Parent reference, you could go through the Forms collection (so long as
frmContribute is open):

Call Forms!frmContribute.Check_Batch_Balance

--
Dirk Goldgar, MS Access MVP

(please reply to the newsgroup)

From: Dennis on