From: NRath on
I'm having a similar problem to martc's. I'm working in Excel '07, trying to
drag down an Hlookup formula. The formula I'm using is:
HLOOKUP("ABCD",A$1:AB$2881,2,FALSE)

Originally I had no "$", once I put them in, it locks the return row at 2
instead on icreasing 1 with each additional row. Changing manually, it'll
return as expected, but I need to copy down for 2881 rows. I checked the
calculation tab and it's already set to automatic.

Your guidance is appreciated!
From: Gord Dibben on
You want to increment the row index number?

Entered in AC1 and copied down.

=HLOOKUP("ABCD",A$1:AB$2881,ROW(),FALSE)

Or maybe ROW() + 1

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

From: NRath on
Yes, the row lookup number. The ROW() solution worked perfectly.

Being an Excel novice is killing me. I know most of this is so simple, but
there's no way to guess the syntax or know how to look up my specific
situation. I have more questions than answers...

Thank you for your help with that one!

From: Gord Dibben on
Welcome to the club<g>

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP