From: Peter on
I have a set of numbers where I need to find the highest value and the next
highest value. I can use MAX to find the highest, but how do I find the next
one?
From: MimiS on
You could set up a column next to your figures and use =rank.
From: Pritesh on
If you do not have duplicate values, "Large" formula will be useful.

Try it like; =Large(A:A,2)

The number at the end of it represents position of highest number you
desire, so for third-highest you can put formula as =Large(A:A,3).

--
Regards,
Pritesh

From: Jacob Skaria on
If you have the highest number duplicated; then try

=LARGE(A:A,COUNTIF(A:A,MAX(A:A))+1)

--
Jacob (MVP - Excel)