From: Lynda on
Hi everybody,

I created an evaluation form some time ago in Excel 2003. Originally it was
sent out to people after they had completed their training. It went out to
about 5-6 people so gathering the information was not a very huge task. Now
the form has been sent out to over a hundred people and I need to come up
with something easier to capture the data.
I used Forms-check boxes to answer the questions, then I had a comments area
beside each question and I used the Forms-Text Box with a scroll bar.
I am asking, is there an easier way to collect this data?
Cheers
Lynda
From: John on
Hi Linda
Maybe this can help:
Each Check Box can be link to a cell, that will give you a "True" /" False"
reply that you can count.
To link them, right click on the CheckBox and Format Control, then look under
the Control Tab.
HTH
John

From: John on
Hi
> Each Check Box can be link to a cell, that will give you a "True" /" False"
> reply that you can count.

I should have said; " That you can use a formula to count the "True" and "False"
eg: =COUNTIF(A2:A50,"True")

Regards
John

From: Lynda on
Thank you John. I realised after you posted your response that I had asked
basically the same question a couple of years ago. My problem now is that for
some reason when I go to the text box and then to properties it opens the
properties box but it is totally blank. Can you help me with this also?

From: Lynda on
Hi John,

Thank you for your help. I have managed to fix my problem with the text box,
so no need to worry about it.

Thank you so much. Cheers, Lynda