From: SSi308 on
I have searched this forum and Excel help and cannot find the answer to my
seemingly simple question.

How does a user take a file out of exclusive use?

We have an Excel file that was shared and the user accidently put the file
in exclusive use mode, now we are unable to share the file again.

The user does not know how she put the file in exclusive use, can anyone
tell me how this is done?

Any help will be much appreciated.
From: MimiS on
You should be able to simply reshare the workbook. Excel doesn't allow a
shared workbook if it has a table. We don't use shared workbooks much, but I
do know sharing also limits/restricts other Excel actions that you can
normally do.

From: Iriemon on
With Excel 2007 go to:

Review/Share Workbook

From: SSi308 on
Thank you for responding, however, after a file has been opened in exclusive
mode there is no way to reverse the action.

The only way we could re-share the workbook was to remove all protection,
then go to review, share workbook. Go through the motions of sharing and
saving. A notice will then pop up that the file is no longer shared. Then go
back in to share workbook and wait for the Save As prompt. Then save the file
using a unique file name.
Only then could we share the workbook.

It did not work to simply Save As, for some reason that kept the file in
exclusive mode.

Simply crazy! But finally figured it out.

Lori