From: tommygun715 on
I have this in my column:
858+00.000 R 2

859+00.000 R 2
etc.. This progresses all the way to 1350+00 R 2. All I want to do is
remove the R 2 at the end, but keep the number. There must be a faster way
than deleting the R 2 in the formula toolbar, then copy>paste in my column.
Thanks!
From: Dave Peterson on
Maybe you could select the range to fix
Edit|replace
what: _R_2 (_ represents a space character)
with: (leave blank)
replace all

But when I did this, I ended up with text -- not a number.

From: trip_to_tokyo on
EXCEL 2007

Assuming that your first, "number" is in cell A1 type the following in B1:-

=LEFT(A1,10)

Copy the above down column B.

Thannks.

From: Mike H on
Hi,

You could select this column then use

Data|Text to Columns

When running the wizard you may be able to get away with using 'Fixed Width'
or perhaps using space as a delimiter, it would depend on what the rest of
your data looked like.
--
Mike

question.

From: Teethless mama on
=SUBSTITUTE(A1," R 2",)

"tommygun715" wrote:

> I have this in my column:
> 858+00.000 R 2
> 858+00.000 R 2
> 858+00.000 R 2
> 858+00.000 R 2
> 858+00.000 R 2
> 858+00.000 R 2
>
> 859+00.000 R 2
> 859+00.000 R 2
> 859+00.000 R 2
> 859+00.000 R 2
> 859+00.000 R 2
> etc.. This progresses all the way to 1350+00 R 2. All I want to do is
> remove the R 2 at the end, but keep the number. There must be a faster way
> than deleting the R 2 in the formula toolbar, then copy>paste in my column.
> Thanks!
 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2
Prev: File in Exclusive Use