From: SJR4347 on
I want to copy a list of numbers from a web site into a spreadsheet. The
numbers all have a / in them, and this copies to the spreadsheet. Example
195/5. I would like to be able to format the cells so that the numbers will
read 195 (losing the / and any digits after it. Using another column with a
formula that would do this will also work.

Thanks.
From: Ashish Mathur on
Hi,

Select the column and go to Data > Text to columns > Delimited. Select / as
the delimiter

--
Regards,

Ashish Mathur
Microsoft Excel MVP
www.ashishmathur.com

From: Fred Smith on
Formatting cannot do what you want, as you have text, not a number.

You can use:
=left(a1,3)
to display what you want.

If you want the result as a number, use:
=--left(a1,3)

Regards,
Fred

"SJR4347" <SJR4347(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I want to copy a list of numbers from a web site into a spreadsheet. The
> numbers all have a / in them, and this copies to the spreadsheet. Example
> 195/5. I would like to be able to format the cells so that the numbers
> will
> read 195 (losing the / and any digits after it. Using another column with
> formula that would do this will also work.
>
> Thanks.

Pages: 1
Prev: Sum with multiple conditions
Next: Reverse word